MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
wildman49
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by wildman49 »

Olds careful on that SQQQ trade it moves fast I mostly day trade it, at times hold a small position trade over night.

With market in sell off mode, I use the tick when it hits +200 or higher I buy into that buy program. Within 5 to 10 seconds your in the money as a sell program hits and tick drops hard to -200 to -400.

Its way easier to profit shorting then trading long in the short term.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

In late December 1989, the Bank of Japan (its central bank) belatedly reacted to asset price inflation by raising the discount rate from 2.5% to 4.25% and then to 6% in 1990. The Nikkei dropped 50% in one year. Real estate prices halved over the next 4 years. The bubble had burst.

Japan’s Stock Market and Real Estate Crash of 1989 Japan’s stock market, the Nikkei, crashed in 1989. It went from a high of 38,915 to closing at 7,054.98 in 2009, 81.9% below its peak 20 years later. And fast forward to 2017; it’s still approximately 50% down from its peak close to 30 years ago!

This might happen here hope not but time will tell.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Pandemic level bad, minus recovery plan. Dead investor walking.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Possible bear market rally setting up. Watch out.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Hedge-fund manager David Tepper told CNBC's Jim Cramer that he believes the sell-off is approaching an end; Nasdaq should hold at 12,000 mark. National Securities' Art Hogan also thinks the sell-off is coming to an end. He pointed to some of the big technology stocks that have had a comeuppance in the wake of earnings as a sign that the correction is nearing a bottom. “We’ve checked a lot of the boxes that you’d want to check along the way to a correction. “Once you get to front lines and the generals are actually taking their punishment, you know you’re pretty far along the path closer to a bottom.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This scenario works for me. I feel dead as a door nail. A lot of self inflicted damage in my 70 days back. Mostly in Nasdaq, which is the epicenter. Tepper owns the Carolina Panthers and is worth $15B or so. But rich people whiff too. Nasdaq is already 11,700. Forthcoming inflation data will be brutal.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:42 am
No problem getting INTC now if you still want it. 43.17. pru slowly sinking 105. Good. Waiting for 99. Oing a wait and see on AMD. 85.58 right now.
Your going to need 2-3 year time frame to make a profit in this market. Most have never seen a Bear market.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Prudential is a decent stock. I would have lost almost nothing had I bought that on March 1, despite the wild fluctuations. It hasn't made a cent in a year, but on the bright side, what a great store of value! I'd be losing my shirt on AMD since March 1. Semiconductor stocks have all been destroyed. And Intel has clearly been taking a bath for years. I'd wait until summer. Bleaker than the pandemic out there. At least you were more confident in governmental tools then.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

"Risk assets" are looking panicky. Last 6 sessions, US stocks are down 9%. Bitcoin has crashed from about 40k last week to 29k currently.

I've been gradually accumulating individual stocks and a few ETFs that look cheap, but now if the selloff intensifies without any relief, I'll intensify my buying.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Unfortunately, I will be among the sell off exodus herd tomorrow. I sold some stuff for minor losses today, but that was just dabbling at the problem.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

I gamble differently than the regulars here, so no surprise that I also invest differently.

Stocks have dislocated 9% lower without any particular new news, and my percentage stock allocation is down because of the losses. In this situation, I'm always a buyer.

I'll sell a little when the bear market rally comes through.