MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by olds442jetaway »

So true!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

If anybody cares, in 1964, silver was 1.29 a troy ounce. A US Morgan silver dollar has roughly .73 troy ounce of pure silver so a bucks worth of silver would be about what was in a US Morgan or Peace Dollar in. 1964.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

As best anyone knows, there are still trailers full of silver dollars buried near Pahrump.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:43 pm
As best anyone knows, there are still trailers full of silver dollars buried near Pahrump.
Hello Ted Binnion...

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I wanted a coin from the Binion Hoard but they were ridiculously overpriced when they were released.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

My complaints are now brushed aside and swept under a rug the size of the QE 2. Things have rebounded nicely.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

March came in like a lion in the markets. I've just about recovered last week's massive loss. Sounds familiar.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

So little in the market nowdays. Really missing the ride. Age 72 it is a bit too old to risk much unless one didn’t need it at all. Have one toe in that’s about it.
Thereis one thing that concerns me. A week or two ago the Fed was making sure the banks could weather a 55 percent market hit. Do they know something we don’t. You know the big players do. That was a Fed Reserve press release. I think Morningstar and others wrote about it too

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Reviving an old thread to celebrate my own sell off last week, preceding today's carnage. Heeded the deafening consensus and ordered an exit. FAA must always employ the bird's eye view. Discretion is the better part of valor. I may buy back in by Christmas when most everything is at least cheaper.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Biden put the final jinx on by mentioning the R word recession. Thats all the market had to hear. Also the big Chinese developer may default. They can’t hide inflation anymore and use words like transition inflation. The Fed may try and do damage control by not railing interest rates. Guess we will see. I’m only 10 percent in the market now, but missed the big ride up due to age fears, overvaluation, and more. I’m going to give it a few days to shake out to tiptoe in. If the tank continues, I’m mostly out already. Next phase is I have to see if the dividend stocks hold up