MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by notes1 »

watch the 10 year treasury...current 0.912%. bond yields are rising.

today's rise was mainly in the DOW, due to vaccine news (PFE). the nasdaq was down more than 1.5%.

election results, not over yet, but looks like;

-more people voted against trump, than for him. not likely many actually voted FOR biden.
-republicans gained seats in house
-republicans kept the senate

NO blue wave! polls were wrong again! NO mandate for biden or dem policies. dem infighting over 'defund police', 'green new deal' and other policies unpopular with the public. biden will have a 'pen and a phone', and not much else.

considering the media was 90% anti trump, the chinese sent a once in a lifetime pandemic to the usa and around the world, the dems held non stop unsuccessful investigations, trump's performance was remarkable.

i will make this promise, i will treat the new president with the same respect as the left treated trump.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hope everyone is ready.....travel from previously banned Muslim countries,no deportations of illegal aliens, streams of prisoners to be released, possible confiscation of firearms and maybe huge taxes on ammo, tax increases across the board, and more.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Struther martin quote from cool hand luke: He asked for it , and so he gets it !!!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:14 pm
watch the 10 year treasury...current 0.912%. bond yields are rising.

today's rise was mainly in the DOW, due to vaccine news (PFE). the nasdaq was down more than 1.5%.

election results, not over yet, but looks like;

-more people voted against trump, than for him. not likely many actually voted FOR biden.
-republicans gained seats in house
-republicans kept the senate

NO blue wave! polls were wrong again! NO mandate for biden or dem policies. dem infighting over 'defund police', 'green new deal' and other policies unpopular with the public. biden will have a 'pen and a phone', and not much else.

considering the media was 90% anti trump, the chinese sent a once in a lifetime pandemic to the usa and around the world, the dems held non stop unsuccessful investigations, trump's performance was remarkable.

i will make this promise, i will treat the new president with the same respect as the left treated trump.

And here we are. Glad to see you didn't stop drinking.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

'honest joe'? when one hears an on air personality defined as an HISTORIAN, one might feel this person is an independent, non political, unbiased person. but, not at MSDNC and the BIDEN campaign. jon meacham worked at both places, got paid at both places and amazingly, it wasn't uncovered until just after the election. what timing! this guy just wrote much of biden's acceptance speech (biden knew where he worked), all the while criticizing trump on tv.

just watch, stories like this of misrepresentation, bias, conflict of interest in the dem party and media will be common, as the media tries to cleanse it's soul, after favoring dems for the entire election process. bit by bit,these type stories will be released, normally on a friday evening. not a problem for the media figure, they will lose their job and get hired by biden. payback rewarded.

the good news,without trump to kick around, many of those in the media will soon find themselves without a job.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Day drinking.....

In Nevada, the trump party wants to disqualify hundreds of thousands of votes in Clark County, claiming the machine used to count them was not set on the right setting. Amazingly, they don't claim the votes were changed, only that the settings were not to their liking. The machines and their settings were approved by both parties a week before the election.
They are also insisting that military ballots from Nevada members should not count in the state totals.
The GOP held a press conference where they showed a supposed affidavit about a van with Biden stickers on it delivering boxes of ballots to the counters days later.
When they delivered the "evidence", the complainant's name , address, and contact information were whited out. When it was suggested the van might have been delivering food to workers, that was shown as a possible bias, as well. This would be laughable if so many morons weren't actually falling for this.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Hey, my six Oracle shares are +$5. My lone Amazon share has sunk $220 since purchase; Adobe -$22. My twenty Microsoft shares are -$4. Tearful trio, but I'm mainly in the Dow, so I'll grin and bear it. Lots of grinning these two weeks.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Careful, we are on thin ice here. Just my opinion, I see a big selloff coming. I don’t like the recent Nasdaq numbers either.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Sure. Unfortunately, I must have some NASDAQ exposure with my set up. That’s what the pros deem worthy. But I’m ready to sign on to realignment if things weaken.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 pm
Careful, we are on thin ice here. Just my opinion, I see a big selloff coming. I don’t like the recent Nasdaq numbers either.
I concur mainly because the markets are overpriced across the board, propped up by stimulus, and no other place safe with yield to put your money. CD's less than one %. Bonds have to be bought with large premiums often paying less than two % and are not liquid. Real estate, lots of work and if you don't know what you are doing you will lose your shirt. Annuities, maybe 2-3 percent fixed if you are willing to tie up for 5-7 years. If anyone has any ideas on where to park money with yield and minimum risk please share.

Having fought with the stock market over the past 30 years, currently somewhat ahead, you win a few you lose a few, at 62 I am seriously considering selling all of my stock positions and going back in with 5-7 diversified and balanced ETF's with modest yields.