MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by notes1 »

here come the excuses! looks like joe will win potus, so now the dems/trump haters must start giving reasons why the markets, the economy and businesses may all perform poorly. and, not to worry, just like they did for obama, the media will give joe a free ride and lots of excuses. pathetic!

the markets have been overvalued for years, due to stimulus low rates. what the dems won't mention is that higher tax rates, reinstatement of many onerous rules/regs on business, allowing illegals (most which will need government assistance) in, the chinese virus is still here and will still be here while joe in is office, the left's desire for masks full time even when walking in your own neighborhood and having contact with no one, likely increased shutdowns that a world wide public is fed up with, will have negative effects on markets and the economy.

but, don't worry, all the things that were wrong under trump, there will be an acceptable excuse for the dems,while biden is around. just like how terrible the trump rallies were, but the biden crowds, celebrating possible victory or the demonstrators/looters are all ok. hypocrites.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

So lucky to have the wifes 403b in a 4 percent Annuity. I think now the new ones are in the 2s

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 am
So lucky to have the wifes 403b in a 4 percent Annuity. I think now the new ones are in the 2s
One of our annuities, wife's from teaching is paying 4% but unfortunately we cannot add to it. We have two other jumbo annuities we have had for a long time we can add additional money to that are paying 3%. I never thought I would get excited about receiving 3 % interest, but when you are drawing interest checks they are three times larger than the interest checks coming off CDs. The best we can get on renewals is about one to one and a quarter percent.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes real bummer. Interest on CDs used to pay all of our taxes and insurances. Now I guess we have to just try and stay alive. Who would have ever thought we would be dealing with this in our retirement years.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Have you looked into peer to peer lending? It will give you much better rates than you folks are tossing around. I've done better than five percent each of the last three years and am reasonably happy with it. I put money into Lending Club and another one that I won't recommend five years ago. You need to do your research and understand it is not FDIC insured, but you'll get better interest and you'll be helping people out. I won't put a huge chunk of ones portfolio into it, but it's a decent revenue stream.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Well, I put in a sell order. Party over, virus back. It was an expensive day.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Order never went through. I recouped yesterday’s loss today.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

:-D 8-) :up: 30,000 :!:

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

FAA wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:28 pm
:-D 8-) :up: 30,000 :!:
So the Dow has gone from 19,000 in May to 30,000 today, an increase of roughly 33% percent but my two managed portfolios are only up 14% and 9%. My non-managaged portfolio is through the roof thanks to Tesla. I long ago figured out the Dow has little to do with real investing.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Thank you, Chinese Virus!