MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by notes1 »

tech58 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:39 am
Sorry,Notes but as moderator i feel compelled here, to disqualify you from prize consideration. :cry:
A 1.2% loss (edit that: 1.20%) is not enough PAIN and or ride-er-back-up involved for inclusion.

My condolences for your last year return. However that pain cannot be included in this years contest :|
tech, happy to be excluded.

but, you should know that no need to send condolences for 2019 return. actually, we got about double what i hope to get each year.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Accepted like a true Gentleman Notes.
Sorry about adding restrictions on the fly here,but as i have stated before,i confuse easily.
Contest Moderator matters, may have suffered some transmoglification, due to my other duties
As General Annoyance Director. :? :wacko:

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Long Oil People may be jumping out of windows. God what a blood bath there today for futures gamblers.
The survivors will be eligible for the contest. :|

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Still down 15%, But who's counting you say? I am! :cry:

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Anyone out of the woods yet?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Getting closer, but not yet

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

what is the time frame, YTD or since the highs of about mid february?

as a general statement, i would guess those whose stock investments are (presuming they did not bailout);

-higher-more likely to be overweight large cap usa growth, mainly the top 5-10 stocks
-lower- more likely to have exposure to usa value or international stocks

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

notes1 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:44 am
what is the time frame, YTD or since the highs of about mid february?

as a general statement, i would guess those whose stock investments are (presuming they did not bailout);

-higher-more likely to be overweight large cap usa growth, mainly the top 5-10 stocks
-lower- more likely to have exposure to usa value or international stocks
Notes you are exhibiting far too much investment savvy for an amateur moderator to comprehend. May have to disqualify you (again). :P

Feb.14 seems about the peak for comparing portfolio recovery.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I'm usually a "buy and hold" person, but the market has just been too nutty for me. I'm already DQ'd but I'll share this... I've already put all my extra investments that I made in April back into cash. I was within a day or two of the low when I bought, which feels nice. But I don't trust this recovery one bit, it was too fast with all the uncertainty out there. So I'm locking up my gains. I''ll get back in for the long term if we have another 10% selloff. Maybe I miss some more gains. I can live with that. For long term portfolios, people should be getting close to recovered. But obviously my thinking is that it will be short lived until at least around the election. I think we're in for a pretty crazy summer and that could certainly mean the market continues to go up. Everyone is just guessing. We'll see!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

tech, i was considering myself still disqualified from the last time. i didn't bother posting any results, our portfolio is far too low a risk for the purposes of this thread.

eduardo, i agree with much of your post. if one compares the economy and the markets in february, it is difficult to justify today's current indices with a far worse economy/employment.

the one area you may not have considered is the FED. never has more money been poured into rescuing the economy and propping up the markets. that is why the markets are where they are!