MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by FAA »

+0.1%N. I was +0.1% today.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

-1.24%N. I was -0.5% today.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

+2.66%N. I was +0.74% today.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

January was swell. But then came yesterday’s sell off disaster, cruelly recalling the bad old days.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I’m already down 6,000 from my high in 2023. 😬. Fidelity one year CD as of today 5.1 percent. Their money market is not too far behind. With the kind of inflation, world instability, and high interest rates, I can’t see having much in the market. Working on heading to nearly all cash in 2023. I will still trade sqqq, BGS, and PRU when I see an opportunity. One major bank is predicting -26 percent for stocks in 2023.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

-1%, -1.1%, -1.7%. I was -1% today. The bad old days are back. Fidelity 1 year CD 5.1%. I got 4.9% very long term instrument. Upset about anchoring money that long, but I let myself get talked into it. It may turn out serving me well.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I can’t see interest rates going below 4 percent anytime soon. I think some are already up to 5.4.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Stocks appear to be in trouble again for 2023. Sold some losers yesterday they had their chance and blew it. At least between Fed and State taxes, Uncle will cover 30 percent of my loss. Using that money to get a 5.4 percent brokered CD through Fidelity for a year. I will take that rate any day and not worry about the ups and downs or possibly losing another 25 percent again this year in stocks and bonds.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I got 4.55% for three years. We should theoretically do about the same after that time.
Today was disastrous. My Valley Bank stock imploded. Firm has zero pivoting acumen; I’m holding the bag.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Banks are scrambling and are liquidating holdings to cover other issues. I am looking for a bright light but I am Getting a low battery warning. At this point, I must continue to reallocate equities into guaranteed fixed income returns, preferably FDIC insured. Even equities paying 2-5 percent dividends can’t compete at this stage with fixed income returns especially when they continue to lose value. I suspect many pension funds are already in trouble. I have to make a decision soon on keeping or not TRV, TEL, and several others. My initial instinct is to sell everything ( all individual stocks). Worst case scenario is buying back in during the wash sale waiting period, but even then, I can step up my basis to my original cost Best case is to let Uncle Sam between Fed and State taxes pay for 30 percent of my loss and maybe some day buy back the stocks at some point cheaper than I own them now. In the interim, I will be more than content to take the 5 percent plus fixed income returns. One final thing. Inflation is bad for almost everyone , but if one has no debt and minimal living expenses, savings can build up and compound pretty fast. Overall though for the Country as a whole, we are in very difficult circumstances.