MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by FAA »

All that glitters is not gold! May I recommend some semis?

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:40 pm
All that glitters is not gold! May I recommend some semis?
All that glitters is not silver!

-7% for PAAS after-hours. I didn't think it was that bad of a miss.

This morning I sold a couple of silvers, I mean slivers, above 21. I'll likely remarry those shares tomorrow. Bid-ask is too wide now. I'm seeing 19.49/19.60. Tried a buy at 19.51 but didn't get filled.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

I landed one sloppy purchase at 19.19.

52-week low (from last month) is down at 17.26.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

My people specialize in sloppy purchases. They’ll either sell too soon or begin a position after something is on the rise. It all adds up. Their take is a percentage of mine, so we should be in alignment. But the paralysis from analysis bogs them down.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I could be wrong, but if they take some money from your trades profits, they are not Fiduciaries. I was up .4 percent today. I am happy with that since that includes my sqqq loser for now position.
Also I am still not all in by any means and have a substantial cash position waiting for trades or to lock up in CDs so
.4 up is fine for me considering the above

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:14 pm
I could be wrong, but if they take some money from your trades profits, they are not Fiduciaries.
The fiduciary obligation is apparently more associated with fee-only. It feels to me like there's an inevitable element of trust because they probably have ways of being unscrupulous if they choose. Look at some of the activities the big ones have been fined for.

I think sometimes expectations may be unrealistic. It's not easy to beat the market.

My silver mining disaster PAAS was trading above 19.50 pre-market, but at the bell the trap-door opened and it collapsed to 18.50. I added a bunch just above, and will buy more if it approaches 18. The swift decline saved me from buying more higher.

Not a bad day (yet) for miners overall. GDXJ is green despite having 5% in PAAS.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

My limit sell order on pru executed at open for a nice 5.5 point gain. I’m stuck with sqqq for now. May end up being a tax writeoff if the bulls return. Jobless claims up. I don’t have confidence in this rally yet, but in the meantime, I will take the slow upticks. Gold trying for 1800. Strange how an attempted bull market is good for the gold price including a slight dip in inflation.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Markets; +0.1%, -0.1%, -0.6%. I was -0.48% today. Most of that was the quarterly Portfolio Services Fee.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yikes! Sorry I don’t see why people who understand these things don’t manage their own affairs. We are just as smart or / unsmart as they are.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I was up .31 recent today. I will take slow and steady any day. If I can catch 100 days of .31 percent returns, that translates into a 31 percent gain for the year assuming the rest of the trading days would balance out even. My bigger winners for the day were Disney, BAnd G foods, Driveshack preferred B, Global Self Storage, SFL corp, even Sqqq. Many others did pretty well too. These were the highest percentage gainers.