MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by olds442jetaway »

The FDIC is looking for bidders by this Sunday for FRB. If Chase is interested, they may be in a bind since they already have over 10 percent of deposits which locks them out unless an exception is made. The whole thing is a big mess that’s for sure. The Feds are trying to find a buyer before the market opens on Monday. Otherwise they may have to take ownership then decide whether to guarantee all of the deposits over 250k like they did with the other 2 recent big failures. UGH!! Glad I never touched the stock. Their market cap is now only. 650 m but it’s a lot more complicated than that.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

I took a glance at PEAK. It was paying the same in 2004 as it is today. So hard to know the future when purchasing a stock long term. Reits are getting hurt by high interest rates among other things. I know I would not want to have any office reits at this time. I wish we would have this recession and get over with.

I love Google stock but if you wait you should get a much better price maybe around 90 dollars. Googles lack of a chat box will hurt the stock in the near term but they are solid and will rebound nicely.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:40 pm
I will never touch anything doing business anywhere near San Fran. I did make one mistake last week and bought PEAK a reit. No damage yet, but I will be dumping ASAP. I didn’t read carefully enough to see that their properties are mostly in the San Fran area. Used to be a beautiful city. My sister lives in Sonoma and they would go there almost every weekend to walk around. They won’t go near it now. Crime, filth, horrible homeless crisis, drugs and needles everywhere and on and on.
Coming soon to a Dum. led city near you!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Regulators waived those 10%+ deposit concentration restrictions. Finally some organization and clarity. It looks like a good day.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I agree on the recession talk. Of course for many people it is here already and has been for awhile. I checked with the dealer where I bought my Elantra. They are still jacking prices way above sticker. I will just wait them out. Any new car I ever bought was in a recession. Can’t seem to deal with the dealers otherwise unless you are buying a car nobody wants.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Picked up a couple today. I have no crystal ball so it’s just IMO. Bought Ford which I believe to be undervalued. Dividend over 10 percent and 5 if they discontinue the special dividend
Also picked up Key Corp that has been beaten down and is one of the largest banks in the Country. Dividend 8.44 percent.
Who knows! If I really knew, I would be buying more than a few hundred shares

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Just added to PRU. Still time to catch the 1.25 Div just declared. It’s under pressure from Regional bank fears. May add to Ford. Still deciding

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Disney -9.5% in a week. Just checking in for an Olds wellness check.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Pretty good recovery today. My recent additions….. PRU, PEAK, KEY, added to AWF and BGS, At a money market rate of 4.75 at Fidelity, I am in no hurry to add to any stocks, bonds, Mutual or ETFs that do not pay 4 percent or more in dividends. On any upside of 8-12 percent above my basis, I’m out. Taking my uptick profit and dividends with me. Works great in sideways market that we appear to be in now. No more SQQQ at this point, but I am watching it.