A SIMPLE QUESTION

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: A SIMPLE QUESTION

Post by advantage playe »

Hey Notes , I think you r talking to a disconnected phone ! Lets prey for each other , for all have sinned and fallen short. The DIVIVE MERCY of JESUS says , the greater the sinner the more right he has to my mercy ! There is always hope with JESUS !!! AMEN !!!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

AP, i respect your obvious religious beliefs. i may be a lifelong catholic, but i choose not to inject GOD or my beliefs into political conversations. i am not qualified to judge.

but, i will not hesitate to call out someone who touts their religious affiliation and then supports something completely different. biden can freely support abortion up to birth, but don't tout your catholic faith, at the same time.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

if a pregnant woman is murdered ,the murderer is charged with 2 murders while any woman can murder her own baby with impunity ! I dont understand this ??

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

it seems so appropriate. republican elected officials have been getting harassed, threatened, accosted by mobs for months. dems have largely sat back and said nothing.

well, the mayor of san jose, ca, a place that votes about 70% dem, had his house spray painted, including F--- you, and BLM. didn't matter he had blm signs on his house, the animals don't care, they are just out having fun, destroying some else's property.

the dems have allowed this criminal behavior to continue unabated for months. only time they get antsy, is when they are the victim, such as mayors of seattle and chicago. then, and only then, do they put a stop to it.

it will cost them the national vote. they deserve it.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

TRUMP 2020 !!! If it is the LORDS WILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I'm surprised that this forum thread has been silent ever since the Kenosha County State's Attorney announced there would be no charges filed against the police office for shooting Jacob Blake. The way posters here were sure that Blake had no knife (he admitted in a subsequent television interview that, in fact, he had a knife in his hand and actually dropped it before picking it up in front of the police, which he said was stupid on his part). Not only did the responding officers know that Blake had an active warrant but Blake ALSO knew about the warrant because he checked himself for active warrants online several times before he was shot.

The Blake family now says that they will not stop until police officer Sheskey: is charged, has a trial, is convicted, goes to jail, and then they say - justice will be done.

Why can't the Blake family just accept the fact that their little angel Jacob wasn't such a little angel. This after seeing ALL the facts and not just what was seen in a 20 second cell phone video?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ted, thanks for update, i had not followed this story.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I will rarely second guess police. I was taught when they say stop you stop. If you don’t, you deserve anything you get. That is what I was taught. In this day and age, it seems to be normal to run even on routine traffic stops or for any reason. There is no teaching right from wrong from an early age at home nowdays. Respect and discipline isn’t taught for the most part either. I notice a strong correlation with ultra liberal thinking and letting your children run wild in stores sometimes tearing things off the shelves and breaking them with no consequences. It is just a sign of the Times. Anybody can Monday morning quarterback. Unless you were a fly on the wall, it is very difficult to say whether police actions are justified or not in general. Even a cell phone video doesn’t tell the entire story many times.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

It's a well known fact that people of color are looked at differently by law enforcement. Unless there was a way for each of us white folk to walk a mile in a black person's shoes and see what they have to go through in dealing with the various prejudices that are directed towards them, we may never completely understand their point of view. When I was younger, there were several instances that I got myself into that I am convinced would have turned out much differently if I was black.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:54 am
It's a well known fact that people of color are looked at differently by law enforcement. Unless there was a way for each of us white folk to walk a mile in a black person's shoes and see what they have to go through in dealing with the various prejudices that are directed towards them, we may never completely understand their point of view. When I was younger, there were several instances that I got myself into that I am convinced would have turned out much differently if I was black.
It boils down to what olds said above: JUST OBEY LAWFUL COMMANDS OR ORDERS THAT A POLICEMAN GIVES YOU! As he also said: some people these days tend to drive away from police when the police are trying to perform a lawful stop of a vehicle. When the lawbreakers drive away they most often look for a group of people where they can stop by because they think this group of people will rail against the police who are behind them. They think that someone on this crows will pull out a cellphone and start videotaping, HOPING that something can be caught on video that will either NOT show the WHOLE PICTURE or can be taken COMPLETELY out of context.

I won't even go into how much carjacking crimes being committed in Chicago have skyrocketed.

Prejudice is a two way street. I know of MANY instances where white people were "driving in a "black" neighborhood" and these white people had bottles, rocks, whatever could be grabbed, thrown at their vehicles. White people had their vehicles surrounded and pounded on, this just didn't start happening, this has been going on for many years.