the value of the royal flush?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: the value of the royal flush?

Post by Webman »

I don’t know that I’m always fair, but I do my best and sometimes there is no clear line. I lean towards open discussion. Sometimes things need to be reeled in.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Webman, you are above and beyond fair. My hats off to you.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hmmmmmm.....reeled in, I think the Mrs said that to me yesterday!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'd prefer you use the jackboots a bit more, but overall you are A-OK.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:07 pm
Webman, you are above and beyond fair. My hats off to you.
Well said. Agree.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Concerning the value of the RF, sometimes it is more than financial. It can be spiritually uplifting and a morale booster.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

They certainly are fun. I remember a story Bob Dancer wrote about hitting a massive payout, possibly dealt dueces on a 100 play or something similar, and sitting back to read a book while they put the money together. I understand its his occupation but hitting for $100K and not getting excited is much more jaded than I'd like to be. Hell, I get excited when someone else hits an RF.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Webman wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:56 pm
advantage playe wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:26 pm
I dont think its EVERY SINGLE TOPIC . but are we not free to discuss what we see fit in the land of the free on anything and everything ! just curious webman are u a closet communist lefty ?? just asking ?

I don't know if you realize that plenty of political discussion has been allowed unabated on the forum from both sides of the aisle, and the comments removed were from BOTH billryan and notes, so I find your comment a bit insulting in light of just how lax moderation has been on those subjects.

Did people reading about the value of a royal flush really want to instead read the 50th pissing match between billryan and notes about a completely unrelated subject?

Yes, you are free to discuss most things in "anything and everything." So if you want to discuss something, start a topic about it. That doesn't mean you can say anything you want in any topic, and the forum rules also still apply. Bringing Trump or Biden into topics that are not politically oriented distracts from any other discussion taking place.

The comments that were removed could have been made in about 20 other topics that are already about politics, as they had absolutely nothing to do with the subject being discussed here.
no insult intended , just asking where u stood on the political spectrum . why do you feel insulted ??

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

thanks for the instant response !!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I have rarely heard "closet communist lefty" used as an endearing term. Sorry if I misinterpreted.