RIP - Sean Connery

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

RIP - Sean Connery

Post by Tedlark »

RIP Sean Connery, the BEST Bond ever. He also played in a movie titled "The Molly Maguires" back in 1970, a good movie about the struggles of Irish coal miners in Pennsylvania during the 1870's.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My favorite Connery movie was The Man Who Would Be King. I was never much of a James Bond fan, but he was my favorite Bond.
RIP, you old Scots Warrior.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:34 am
My favorite Connery movie was The Man Who Would Be King. I was never much of a James Bond fan, but he was my favorite Bond.
RIP, you old Scots Warrior.
I too; enjoyed "The Man Who Would Be King," also had Michael Caine in it. Connery was also in "The Longest Day" but then again: who wasn't.......

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

The Longest Day was his last role before becoming James Bond. I don't recall his part in that movie, although I remember him well from A Bridge Too Far, another movie that had a roster the size of a phone book.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

RIP Sean Connery. A great actor. The first James Bond film, Dr. No, was my favorite. I liked Connery in other roles he played later on

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

I loved, "The Hunt for Red October"...
He was a great Actor.
RIP Sean Connery.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Bond was always good fun. Hunt for Red October was one of the his best I think. And of course The Rock was pretty entertaining. I'm not sure I've seen "The Man Who Would Be King" so I will have to check it out.

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

What a great actor! He is missed!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Odd that Chicagoan did not mention “The Untouchables!”

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

RIP Sean Connery....My all time favorite actor. I have seen most all of his movies even the ones from the 1950’s. I have watched the Bond ones more times than I can count. I don’t really have a favorite. They are all great IMO. Check out Hell Drivers from the late 1950’s. Black and White film. I don’t think he had a big big part. You can still watch the trailer on Youtube. He was only 26 or 27 when that one was made. I was 9 , but already had an interest in cars, trucks, and racing. The Savin Rock dirt oval track was a stone’s throw from where I grew up and the hopped up 1930’s and 40’s were something to watch. The noise, dust, and funes were awful, but nobody cared back then. There also was an old tv show that could give you an idea about it called Jalopy Races we used to watch.