It's the most wonderful day of the year.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: It's the most wonderful day of the year.

Post by billryan »

trump campaign put out a photo of a newspaper that proclaimed President Gore, in an attempt to show how the media gets things wrong. Only problem was it was a novelty front page that anyone can order, very similar to the ones trump has in his country clubs. When confronted with the fact that they were, in fact, putting out fake news, they claimed it was meant to represent the media being wrong, not an actual case of it being wrong

By the way,Rudy G did an interview on Friday where his hand were stained with some sort of ink .
Yesterday, he appeared on Fox and the same ink was on them. Is this some sort of code only the kool kids get?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

felix wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:37 am
Congratulations to our new President-Elect! The stock market is up nicely today, a vaccine is possible, and Mrs. Trump is quietly but efficiently packing her bags. Life is good.

I know some of the folks on this board are mildly disappointed at the election results, but given time I think you will truly appreciate how nice it is to have a return to normalcy.
You are right, I am mildly disappointed. First of all, I do think there will be recounts in the contested states. Biden should want this too, to confirm his election. With over 100 million paper ballots counted, how could they all be legit? Trump has a 600,000 vote lead in Pa and the counting is stopped and voila more paper votes are found. There was no blue wave and the polls were way off again. GOP actually picked up seats in the house and I believe will win Georgia senate runoffs when people realize what is at stake. Even if Biden is confirmed, he cannot take the party sharp left and risk the Dems getting shellacked in 2 years. Happened to Clinton and Obama.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Carcounter wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:22 am
felix wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:37 am
Congratulations to our new President-Elect! The stock market is up nicely today, a vaccine is possible, and Mrs. Trump is quietly but efficiently packing her bags. Life is good.

I know some of the folks on this board are mildly disappointed at the election results, but given time I think you will truly appreciate how nice it is to have a return to normalcy.
You are right, I am mildly disappointed. First of all, I do think there will be recounts in the contested states. Biden should want this too, to confirm his election. With over 100 million paper ballots counted, how could they all be legit? Trump has a 600,000 vote lead in Pa and the counting is stopped and voila more paper votes are found. There was no blue wave and the polls were way off again. GOP actually picked up seats in the house and I believe will win Georgia senate runoffs when people realize what is at stake. Even if Biden is confirmed, he cannot take the party sharp left and risk the Dems getting shellacked in 2 years. Happened to Clinton and Obama.
Biden encouraged his supporters to vote by mail. Trump didn't. In Pennsylvania, the mail-in votes were not allowed to be counted until the polls closed. I'm not sure why people have trouble understanding that. The people who voted in person favored trump. The people who voted by mail favored Biden.
No votes were found.
I have no idea why some people think one way of voting is legit, while the other isn't.
Observers were originally forced to stay ten feet away, after Republicans went to court, they were allowed to within six feet.
What we need is a standard method of counting. In Ohio and Florida, mail votes were counted first which gave the illusion that Biden would win. Why aren't people questioning how trump made such a big comeback in those counts?
Even more bizarre is the thought that Joe Biden will anything but the moderate he has been for nearly fifty years.
There will be re-counts, but can anyone name a statewide election that was called for one person and ended up being reversed upon a recount? I'm fairly sure it must have happened, but I can't think of one.
Most states won't re-count because the margins are so big.
The trump campaign went to court in Nevada over something that at worse affected some 3,000 votes, mostly Military members and their spouses. It seems they don't think military votes from people stationed overseas should count in Nevada. I'm not sure where they think the Military vote should be counted. Maybe in States that aren't close?
How will that reverse a 30,000 vote deficit,?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I drove to Tucson today, a trip that takes about two and a half hours, so I was listening to Sean hannity and Mark levine(sp). They repeatedly brought up a mail carrier from Pennslyvania who supposedly had sworn that he had been ordered to backdate ballots so they would be accepted. It sounded bad, but while in Tuscon, it was reported that the man had recanted his story, had never signed the affidavit nd pretty much admitted he made the whole story up.
So I drive home just now and the radio host is still repeating the same now-discredited story.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Guess one would have to be a fly on the wall to see fact or fiction in all of this. At any rate, hoping for even a small jackpot before January. If it hits, a nice chunk will be sent for the Georgia runoffs. If not, a small chunk is being sent anyway. I think I read earlier today some campaign somewhere here in the states cost 260,000,000. What good that money could do elsewhere. Bottom line is I love the Country, but hate the politics. Always have.