happy days will soon be here...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: happy days will soon be here...

Post by notes1 »

more good news for NYC, using data from postal service, more than 300,000 new yorkers have left the big eyesore, in the last 8 months. and, it isn't just because of covid. crime increases, cost of living, rising taxes are just some of the reasons given. add in that the city is facing more than an $8 billion shortfall, for 2021.

remember when cops having water, brick, concrete thrown at them was no big deal, according to some posters here. remember the argument was the cops should just let that type of criminal behavior go on. remember the argument that demonstrators were all peaceful. looting was ok because some of losses were covered by insurance and the looters really NEEDED the stuff they stole.

well, just like those millions of silent trump supporters, there are apparently many NY'ers who really did not like such criminal behavior going unpunished and they are leaving. could not happen to a nicer, dem run city. you get what you vote for.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Can we find a more typical example of how liars use math for their own purposes?
A ten-second internet search shows that from 2013-2017, an average of 417,000 people per year left NYC.
Now if you take 300,000 over eight months and extract it out to 12 months, you will get 450,000.
450,000 in a pandemic year vs. 417,000 in an average year.
Of course, many NYers own second houses and choose to ride out the virus in a non-urban center. Requesting to have your mail forwarded doesn't mean you have moved, it means you are staying elsewhere for awhile. For the tens of thousands of city residents with summer homes in the Hamptons or Poconos, or the hundreds of thousands of snow birds who go south for the winter, this is business as usual. NYC had more voters turn out in 2020 than any previous year. Not too shabby for a ghost town of a city.
The truly pathetic thing is that notes knows this stuff but still can't help posting lies and half lies.
Some people have no shame.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

according to WSJ, new york state faces a $59,000,000,000 revenue shortfall, through 2022. and, NYC faces a budget shortfall of more than $8,000,000,000.

not great stats for a prosperous, well funded, well managed city/state. giulani and bloomberg (a rep at the time) had the city moving in the right direction. bring in a dem, deblasio, and look what happens. add in a dem governor, and you have a real mess.

only 10 states lost population over the last few years. count NY, NJ, ILL, CONN, all dem run as among the biggest losers.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

When people like you leave the state, it is considered addition by subtraction. Funny how all the blowhards end up in Florida.
I suppose if I'd spent my life in Western NY, moving to Tampa might seem an improvement.
As they say- everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

If you tax people to death, they will leave. I have watched my neighbors leave one by one over the last ten years. Many to the Sunshine State. I am still here because of my dad and at 72, not sure I want to pick up and move, but I might at some point. The Mrs grew up in Florida and hates the cold so we will see. As to NYC, I was listening to the top rated financial show this morning on the radio. Employers are becomming more comfortable with employees working remotely so what that means is those big earners no longer have to live near the city. More of them will be fleeing as we speak. I also think they see the handwriting on the wall as to crime and lack of enforcement coming with the new administration. I have a very good friend with 3 brilliant daughters. They were offered jobs right out of school earning more than my high three years. Granted that was 17 years ago for me, but still. Anyway, here is the point. Their educations were all at top schools in big cities. After all 3 were victims of crimes during and after their school years, they have fled the cities they were educated in even though they had planned to stay and live there right after graduating or in the suburbs close by. Here are the 3 Cities.....Philly, NYC, and Philly again for the third. Any surprises? I don’t think so.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

billryan wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:34 am
When people like you leave the state, it is considered addition by subtraction. Funny how all the blowhards end up in Florida.
I suppose if I'd spent my life in Western NY, moving to Tampa might seem an improvement.
As they say- everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.
you missed that we lived in NC for 28 years, in between NYS and FL.

living in bisbee, seems like dying to me.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

more signs of DEM hypocrisy, CA's dem governor is shutting down parts of state and adding more curfews. all in response to china virus. he has even put out notices of "diner tips' of when to take off/wear mask when eating. these dem governors want to control what you do, even in your own home.

but alas, this advice/mandates are only for the common man. they do not apply to DEM GOVERNMENT folks, because they are apparently....special. at a recent upscale french rest, with covid cases rising, the DEM governor along with lobbyists and even 2 of top state medical officials, were pictured attending WITHOUT MASKS. if dems had their way, and a common person did this they would be fined or jailed or imprisoned or even shot.

this is same DEM state, that not long ago, where we see PELOSI getting her hair done, against DEM rules, on tape. she then tries to blame the poor hair dresser, instead of accepting blame. this what dems do, get caught doing something wrong, DESTROY the person who brought it to the public's attention. nice!

so, just remember the rules. they DO NOT need to be followed if you are a DEM public official, or a DEM campaign donor, or are voting DEM. if you are a member of BLM.... don't bother following the rules, if you are a looter... do whatever you want. if you are a peaceful protester or cheering a biden victory..go out with crowds and have at it.