flight from cities continues...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: flight from cities continues...

Post by billryan »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 pm
On the news today population in both Arizona and Florida increasing between 16 and 17%. Many many of those coming from New York City. Here is the bad news for conservatives like myself. They are bringing their political views with them and as of now not changing their mind. So these red states are becoming less red as we speak. Of course that will make some people very happy.
:up:

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

notes1 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:47 pm
notes1 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:34 pm
BR caught in another lie. tell us where olds said RENTS were INCREASING, go ahead, quote him.

bloomberg estimates rents have dropped 30-40% in some locations.
STILL WAITING
still waiting

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

NYS supreme court again rules AGAINST cuomo. another loss for liberal government over reach.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 am
notes1 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:47 pm
notes1 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:34 pm
BR caught in another lie. tell us where olds said RENTS were INCREASING, go ahead, quote him.

bloomberg estimates rents have dropped 30-40% in some locations.
STILL WAITING
still waiting
Old 60s joke. How long can you keep the moron in suspense? It looks like we may soon have an answer.
What was it about the 60s with all the moron and dead baby jokes? Is it any wonder some many people from that era are so fractured.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

distraction, best solution when you are caught lying....again and again and again...

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:37 am
distraction, best solution when you are caught lying....again and again and again...
I will defer to your expertise and years of experience on the subject.
Is this really how you want to spend the limited time left to you?
If so, I say go for it.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Back to the topic, all I can add is that after my father retired from the Navy after 22 years we moved to the city. Houston TX specifically. People have been coming and going from the various cities across our country for as long as anybody on this forum has been alive. Fox News has jumped on this like a dog on a bone to make it sound like crime in the city is something new and it is only because of Dem mayors, city councilmen and women, etc.

When I graduated from college from University of Houston in 1980 and moved away from the city to where I still live today I can report that there was plenty of crime, drug trafficking, murders, and other deplorable acts still going on in Houston . That's been over 40 years and in that time there have been Dem and Rep mayors and council people come and go. Same as the rest of the larger and medium and even smaller cities. Makes no difference who is in charge. There is always going to be an underside to every city as long as poverty, drugs, and various type of inequalities exist. It really does not matter who is in charge.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm too lazy to look up the statistics and they would be incomplete, but the general consensus is crime rose during each year of the trump error. The biggest decline in crime occurred in the Clinton years, not that either of them had much to do with it.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

billryan wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 am
I'm too lazy to look up the statistics and they would be incomplete, but the general consensus is crime rose during each year of the trump error. The biggest decline in crime occurred in the Clinton years, not that either of them had much to do with it.
'general consensus', by whom? provide proof.

if there has been a rise in crime, it would likely be due to 'peaceful 'protesters', who inflicted an estimated $1-2 BILLION in damage. that estimate came from multiple sources, including CBS NEWS anchor, norah o'donnell.

there has certainly been a large increase in shootings, murders in large cities. according to WASH POST, liberal as can be, there was a 20.9% increase in killings nationwide, for first nine months of 2020. they further state that non violent crime DECREASED by 8%, according to FBI.

in DC, murders up 20%, in NYC murders up 40% and shootings nearly doubled, over last year. want to bet that murders increased in CHICAGO, PHILA, MINN, etc.

anything all these large cities have in common? wonder what it could be?

i am not too lazy to do a little research, but then again, they include FACTS and we know how you hate facts. now, go ahead and call me angry and hate filled. just because i again have correct you. it's a full time job to point out all your mistakes and lies.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

So you are agreeing there was a spike in crime during the trump error? That wasn't so hard, was it?