flight from cities continues...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Re: flight from cities continues...

Post by seemoreroyals »

Tedlark wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:28 am
seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:18 am
Notes, you are your own worst enemy. Occasionally you show signs of being open to having rational discussions but as soon as someone does not embrace your false reality you ether attack or play the victim. You rail against Dems and government employees as if they are the only ones responsible for the mess we are in and that they are the only ones sucking off the government tit.

Meanwhile the rep's are pushing their way into the government feeding trough either by extracting benefits for themselves or by giving themselves tax cuts. Unfortunately most of this abuse is done by the top 1% greedy bastards that continue to get wealthier while the remainder of the country gets next to nothing.

The gullible that support these republican leaders continue to be lied to and the well connected continue to grift. And the country continues to get deeper and deeper in debt. And the hopes of finding a way out of this mess continues to diminish.
So are you saying that there are no dem politicians who push their way into the government feeding trough extracting benefits for themselves? So are you saying that there are no dem politicians who get wealthier while the rest of the country gets next to nothing? So are you saying that there are no dem politicians who continue to grift and lie to gullible dem supporters?

Open your other eye.
Of course there are dems feeding at the trough. And they are just as guilty as the rep's of using their legislative powers to funnel benefits back to their contributors. What they all have in common is that when it is time to vote in a pay raise it always go through. You and I have no say on that.

As far as helping the less fortunate in our society, the dem's are head and shoulders above the rep's in helping to create opportunities for the less fortunate. For example, my wife's father passed away when she was 8 years old. Her mother who had never worked before had to enter the work place. Her oldest brother as well had to work after school to help keep their head above poverty.

After high school my wife was able to go to college due to scholarships along with government programs that were available to the less fortunate and largely eliminated under the Reagan administration. Of the two parties, the rep's are by far the most sanctimonious. They use the abortion issue as a plank in their platform but they allow their leaders in both house and senate to condone and in many cases spread and expand on a morally corrupt president's lies. Most recently "I won the election by a landslide. They stole it from me."

sam434343

Post by sam434343 »

Again Notes I agree with your assessment of are Republicans and Democrats. I think similar to how you write out your assessment of both parties!!! I had stroke in 2011 45 lived my mental cognitive is weak/ writing this paragraph had look up 6 of the words so could spell right. LOL!!! Thanks for concern my health same for you. You have a ally in concerns of your speech and I have friends that are Lawyers who can probably get me in touch with other Lawyers in regards to these matters if needed!! One of them moved to florida. (Retired) My wife dosnt want me get to overly involved(because medically) but when I see talk of trying to silence your(speech) (pissed me off) I live about 125 miles north (HI!) Olds442jetaway. I will chirp in now then. Take care!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Which amendment is it that dictates a website owner can not limit any type of speech they want?
I suspect if a guest in your house wished to praise the hard work of the BLM movement, you would shut him down pretty quickly, or if someone at your dinner table wanted to discuss if sodomy or incest was the superior way to enjoy sex, it wouldn't fly.
This is webmans living room. Of course, he has the right to censor anyone he wants and to declare any subject taboo. He is also under no obligation to be fair and balanced. If he decided that trump was the best thing since sliced beer and refused to allow anyone but trumps truest believers to post, that is well within his rights.
This may be a generalization but it seems the people who complain the loudest about their rights are also the people who understand them the least.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i never won a spelling bee, always checking the correct spelling, you are not alone. again, i wish you the best of health.

protecting free speech, you could not be more right. the left only wants to hear what is acceptable to them. this from the party that used to support free speech. i have noticed a pattern from the dems/libs, when they cannot win a debate or support their ridiculous policies;
-first-accuse the other person of being a bigot, racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. this has been done for years, so not quite as effective as in the past. people have seen thru the fake insult.
-label the other debater as mentally unstable and irrational. the only problem with this is that would mean there are 74 million mentally unstable folks in america. using their reasoning, anyone who does not agree with them, must be unstable.
-use the claim of mental instability as reason to fear the opposing debater, they may harm someone. they need to be cancelled.

they cannot win the debate on their policies. they know they need more 'dependent' voters, they know their 'shut down' policy did not work. they know their defund the police was unpopular. but, they stick together and support whatever policy/person, they are told to.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

billryan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 am
This may be a generalization but it seems the people who complain the loudest about their rights are also the people who understand them the least.
I suppose I should thank onenote for proving my pointly so well.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

either reading comprehension problems, a distraction or just projecting, take your pick or maybe all three.

it is liberals who want to limit free speech , any speech that they don't want to hear or want anyone else to hear. they are afraid if voters heard the truth.

as far as your history of sodomy and/or incest, you best take that up with a professional. i am confident there are many dems/libs, who know the subject well.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

billryan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 am
Which amendment is it that dictates a website owner can not limit any type of speech they want?
I suspect if a guest in your house wished to praise the hard work of the BLM movement, you would shut him down pretty quickly, or if someone at your dinner table wanted to discuss if sodomy or incest was the superior way to enjoy sex, it wouldn't fly.
This is webmans living room. Of course, he has the right to censor anyone he wants and to declare any subject taboo. He is also under no obligation to be fair and balanced. If he decided that trump was the best thing since sliced beer and refused to allow anyone but trumps truest believers to post, that is well within his rights.
billryan go to u tube and enter BLM burning bibles !! The HOLY WORD of GOD !!! you will get many videos showing this ! BE CAREFUL WHO U R DEFENDING IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN !!!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

put this news under the heading, hard to believe, but then again, look who is doing it. all data per OPENtheBOOKS.

LOS ANGELES, the nation's 2nd largest city has a tremendous homeless problem, along with an out of control budget deficit. don't forget rising crime, drug and gang violence. and, of course it is run by democrats. nothing new here.

but here is what caught me. the city has 15 city councilors, each making more than $200,000, more than most members of congress. there's more, each one of the council members has 22-36 aides, many making over $100k. the city has 20,000 employees making over $147,000 per year.

is there any wonder that federal government employees (2 million of them), along with all the other local, county, state government employees vote DEM. now, add in union school teachers with their generous income and benefits combination, and that is enough to carry some elections.

talk about buying votes.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Saw a report on the news about home sales going up in 19 of the top 20 cities in the nation, with the 20th city not reporting due to covid. Figured it must be fake news, what with the hordes of people fleeing the cities.

By the way, the City of the Angels has a population of about four million people. If it was a state there would be 22 states with less population.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Saw a report on the news about home sales going up in 19 of the top 20 cities in the nation, with the 20th city not reporting due to covid. Figured it must be fake news, what with the hordes of people fleeing the cities.

By the way, the City of the Angels has a population of about four million people. If it was a state there would be 22 states with less population.