flight from cities continues...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: flight from cities continues...

Post by billryan »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:35 pm
Rents are actually down by 15-20 percent for apartments from last year Besides everything already written about, one of the biggest problems New York is facing is the people with money are leaving. I don’t think they can expect too much help from the feds either. The Fed just can’t keep printing money forever
I think you are misreading the statistics. Asking prices for vacant apartments are down, but that is less than ten percent of the housing stock. Rents on occupied apartments, which is the vast majority of the market are not going down, and even rent-controlled ones saw an increase. When the virus is behind us, the 100,000 plus jobs connected to Broadway will return, as will the jobs in the travel industry. While I doubt we will see the boom in Brooklyn, LIC, and Astoria that the last decade saw, this is a great time to pick up property. With the students not being on campus, landlords around college campuses are especially hurting. With trump gone, NYC will benefit from a return to the normal refugee influx.
Better days are coming. It's starting to look more and more like Andrew Yang will run for mayor.
He's got some interesting policy proposals that might be perfect to try in the Big Apple.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

notes1 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:34 pm
BR caught in another lie. tell us where olds said RENTS were INCREASING, go ahead, quote him.

bloomberg estimates rents have dropped 30-40% in some locations.
STILL WAITING

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

How do you keep a moron in suspense?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

LIAR

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Carcounter wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:43 am
billryan wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:39 am
Asking prices for commercial properties in Manhattan are up for the year, even as vacancy rates rise.
Further proof the RE market in NYC is irrational.
To quote the Great Yogi- No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded.
I don't know where that info comes from. I do know people are in bidding wars for suburban NYC homes. I see it here at the Jersey Shore.
Article in the Asbury Park Press about this today.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

forget the rising crime, loss of residents, chinese virus, high prices, high taxes, no space, and everything else wrong in these big cities. why wouldn't people want to live in one of the RATTIEST CITIES in AMERICA. no surprise, the top 3 are chicago, LA and NYC, according to orkin, who would know better.

and, here is another surprise...NOT. according to business insider, on the list of 50 RUDEST CITIES in america, NYC, LA and chicago are in the top four.

including all items mentioned above, just think about all you can get in these dem run big cities, including filthy rats, least friendly people and dems/liberals. it now all makes sense. they belong together.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

one note is on a roll today. Stay tuned for more pearls of wisdom. Who would have suspected that large cities, some of whom have more population than several small states combined would have rats?
It's mind bottling.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

still waiting....

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

bill ryan = Fake News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:30 pm
one note is on a roll today. Stay tuned for more pearls of wisdom. Who would have suspected that large cities, some of whom have more population than several small states combined would have rats?
It's mind bottling.
Talking about Rats-the real ones with tails, I'm from, NYC originally and have seen my share on the subway, but the biggest rats I've ever seen physically were in downtown Washington DC at a hotel a few blocks from the Capitol building Really big.