the vaccine is here...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: the vaccine is here...

Post by billryan »

No, I sold the building I was planning on putting my store in. I still have the rental property, with the four rv rentals

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Why would someone who builds a wall be called a well worker? As that is what they listed on their applications, I suspect they might know what they do.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 pm
Why would someone who builds a wall be called a well worker? As that is what they listed on their applications, I suspect they might know what they do.
In the trades, someone who builds a wall is either known as: a mason, bricklayer, or a carpenter.

I suspect you do not have much experience with the building trades.

As for this tenant who spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars improving YOUR real property I am hopeful that you as the landlord, properly gave him credit on the rent after you claim the improvements of YOUR PROPERTY as business expenses on any related tax forms.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 pm
Where in your original post did you state that this worker built walls?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Why would I claim his improvements as my business expenses? Or re-imburse him for improvements he chose to make.
The person in question drove a bulldozer type vehicle and evidently is one of a select few who are qualified to operate on the rugged mountain sections along the border. As the wall is being made of premanufactured metal I'm not sure there are many masons, bricklayers or carpenters. I've met about a dozen wallworkers and that's how they self-identify. I'll let them know you disapprove.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

In High School, I had a religion teacher who was a raving lunatic who never should have been around kids. I remember more of his epic fits and meltdowns than for what he taught but one lesson he gave me has proven invaluable. Honest people believe other people are like them and honest. Dishonest people also assume everyone is just like them.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:02 pm
Why would I claim his improvements as my business expenses? Or re-imburse him for improvements he chose to make.
The person in question drove a bulldozer type vehicle and evidently is one of a select few who are qualified to operate on the rugged mountain sections along the border. As the wall is being made of premanufactured metal I'm not sure there are many masons, bricklayers or carpenters. I've met about a dozen wallworkers and that's how they self-identify. I'll let them know you disapprove.
Oh, so he is building the wall? THE WALL??? And you let HIM onto your property knowing this? Operating a bulldozer (or even a bulldozer type vehicle) on "rugged mountain sections along the border" doesn't take a whole lot of skill. I'm surprised he didn't say he was a "heavy equipment operator" or "bulldozer operator" instead of "wall worker." I could also have said "cat skinner" but that term is a bit antique these days.

As for my comments on improvements to your property and you not understanding? Please tell me that you are joking, right? Do you have renters sign leases when they rent your 4 RV spots? You know: lessor/lessee paperwork? If yes, is there no language in it regarding improvements to the property or repairs made by the lessee? Are you required by the City of Bisbee to hold any type of license? Business, etc. for this rental property?

Or do these people simply pay you in CASH? You know, cash sales like those made in bars in New York?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
In High School, I had a religion teacher who was a raving lunatic who never should have been around kids. I remember more of his epic fits and meltdowns than for what he taught but one lesson he gave me has proven invaluable. Honest people believe other people are like them and honest. Dishonest people also assume everyone is just like them.
So, which are you? Be honest.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

in NYC, he paid his workers as 'independent' contractors, to avoid paying them social security benefits.

projection!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Tedlark wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:24 pm
billryan wrote:
Oh, so he is building the wall? THE WALL??? And you let HIM onto your property knowing this? Operating a bulldozer (or even a bulldozer type vehicle) on "rugged mountain sections along the border" doesn't take a whole lot of skill. I'm surprised he didn't say he was a "heavy equipment operator" or "bulldozer operator" instead of "wall worker." I could also have said "cat skinner" but that term is a bit antique these days.

As for my comments on improvements to your property and you not understanding? Please tell me that you are joking, right? Do you have renters sign leases when they rent your 4 RV spots? You know: lessor/lessee paperwork? If yes, is there no language in it regarding improvements to the property or repairs made by the lessee? Are you required by the City of Bisbee to hold any type of license? Business, etc. for this rental property?

Or do these people simply pay you in CASH? You know, cash sales like those made in bars in New York?
I wasn't going to comment further, but then realized just how stupid your replies are, so I'll continue this conversation. My leases are boilerplate ones, taken off the internet and give the tenants the right to make changes on their own dime, with my approval. In this particular case, the gentleman didn't like the bare dirt surrounding his pad and brought in a truckload of what is known around here as desert landscaping. I call it multi-colored gravel. He is welcome to take it with him when he leaves.
As far as go- I'd assume anyone who runs a business has the proper permits, as that is what honest people do. That you constantly think people are somehow cheating on their taxes and flying by night seems to indicate that would be your default actions.
It must suck going through life thinking the worse of our fellow man, but it seems fairly popular on these forums. It's a shame people choose to be so small.