Virginia Pet Lovers Beware

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Virginia Pet Lovers Beware

Post by olds442jetaway »

This applies to all. Virginia has become the number one State for people getting scammed when buying pets since the virus hit us. Everything from false AKC records to phony vet records to outright stealing of your money. I am a pet lover myself, but 40 years ago we decided to get all of our pets from shelters and have been thrilled with them all. Everyone else beware. The scammers are out in full force. PS.... to this day I still miss our beloved German Shepherd who we acquired as a pup when we first married. He was mostly a pet, but the one local show we took him to he took best of show. Back then, we didn’t worry about such things as above. We even became lifelong friends with the couple who were small mom and pop breeders. Funny, my dog’s German name was 18 letters long. Our name we gave him was six.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

olds, wife and i have had dogs, normally two at a time, for 42 years. we have always gotten rescue, pound or dogs from neighbors or friends. every dog we have had has been a gift from heaven.

my only regret is when they get sick/old and the vet can no longer stop their pain. we even had one dog at NC vet school, intensive care for a couple of weeks. didn't help, she was septic, no cure. we have a hard time letting go. but, their suffering is all that matters and we have had wonderful vets and other services that humanely put them to 'sleep'. some have even come right to the house.

just my own opinion, but see little reason to pay a puppy mill when there are plenty of wonderful critters, just waiting to give their love to someone. please get your animal spayed.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

In the late 80s, the bankruptcy trustee I worked with had a small chain of petshops to auction off. It was the only time I worked with live animals in such a circumstance and it was a challenge.
In one of the workers drawers, we found stacks of pre-signed AKC papers, just waiting for someone to fill out. Thats not supposed to be how they wok.
All but one of my dogs have come from breeders, but I did my research on them.
I'm getting close to starting the quest for my next one. I really like big dogs for their ability to rough-house but having to carry my last dog up and down stairs and in and out of cars for the last few weeks of his life has given me some pause.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The loss and final days of a beloved pet can be more of an emotional drain than loss of a person sometimes. I think the hardest part is they probably don’t know all of the whys of what is happening, but in all of their years with us they dole out endless and selfless love, only wanting the same in return.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Amen, brother, amen.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

You got that right Olds.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

46D98B28-BB3A-4556-99F7-83B997E0813E.jpeg
Don’t even think about it Ginger. You’re not opening this box till Christmas. ( My sister’s two buddies ).

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

The only thing worse than having your dog grow old is not having a dog that grows old.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Agree. And they always understand you, even when people don’t.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

National epidemic.