Why are people so greedy?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Why are people so greedy?

Post by billryan »

I'm watching the news with the sound down while catching up on some email when I think I recognize someone from NYC. I turn up the sound and it is my friend. A retired NYPD Captain and he is talking about the victims of a Ponzi scheme. It takes me a moment to realize he is one of the victims. I do some internet searches and find out a sleazebag conned hundreds of retired or soon to be retired NYC First Responders out of about a hundred million dollars. He had teamed up with a retired NYPD Union rep and offered 30-70% annual returns, with the former union rep vouching for the deal in return for $10,000 per fish he brought into the scheme.
Supposedly, the scumbag was buying jewelry at going out of business sales and flipping it to small jewelers for 100-200% profits. Instead the first money went to buy a great lifestyle and the rest went to giving the " investors" a return on their investments. They targeted cops and firefighters because they retire with great benefits and are generally unsophisticated when it comes to finances.
Does one really need to be sophisticated to understand no one is going to give you returns of 30-70%?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Wow

DrKen
Forum Regular

Post by DrKen »

If it sounds to good to be true it probably isn’t. No such animal as easy money.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

chicago teachers union leader sarah chambers, is vehemently opposed to opening schools with teachers working onsite. she wants remote teaching. she wants the union to strike if they are forced to go back to work, in person.

she made that argument, while she posted pictures of herself, POOLSIDE, in puerto rico. she must have walked or rode her bike from chicago to the island. she deleted the post, i wonder why.

liberal, greedy hypocrite liberal.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

A new year, but still spewing the same garbage.
First off, she is one of several Vice Presidents of the Union, not the head of it, and more importantly- she has already had covid.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i will continue to 'spew' the truth.

i said she was a union leader, not the only one. that makes you a liar.

people HAVE caught the chinese virus twice, one lady even died on the 2nd go around. also, no absolute answer as to whether someone who had it once, can/cannot still pass on the infection. you lied again!

and, why after posting pictures of her vacation, and the word getting out, did she immediately delete those photos. coincidence? hardly, she knew she stepped in it.

one example after another of dem/liberals not obeying the same rules/mandates they want the rest of society to just accept.

they are special, so they can do what they want.