MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Post by billryan »

It's not the fingers in their ears I worry about. It's their heads up their butts.
Jim Jordon was asked repeatedly today, on worldwide television if the election was free and fair and all he would say is he recognizes that Joe Biden is going to sworn in next week. When pressed on the subject he would not say the election was free or fair, nor would he even admit Biden won it.

Our local celebrity insurrectionists mom was on the radio today, calling her son a political prisoner and complaining that the jail wouldn't provide him an organic diet plan.
The new talking point seems to be that the pro-trump crowd only went into the building after many Antifa members entered and that the patriotic trump fans went in to help protect the building.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Organic diet?! 😂

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

It will be interesting what the "much more will become clear in the coming days and weeks" GOP Rep Liz Cheney referred to yesterday when she announced she would vote to impeach trump. There are already reports circulating that others aided and abetted the thugs that trashed the Capitol this past Wednesday. It must be pretty damning if even Mitch McConnell is turning on trump as reports indicate he may favor impeachment. I was hoping lapdog lindsay graham was trying to talk trump into resigning yesterday since he spent almost all day with him. Evidently not as I heard no discussions or chatter to this effect. Today is the day that trump will be only president to be impeached twice. Today is also the day that there is talk of a million man militia march.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

FAA wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 pm
Organic diet?! 😂
Yep. He's the so-called Q-Anon Shaman who it turns out has been living with his mommy since he was kicked out of the Navy a few years ago.
Guy doesn't have a pot to piss in, but somehow he manages to travel to Minnesota, Portland and DC

musicmeyer
Forum Rookie

Post by musicmeyer »

The fox went out on a chilly night
He prayed for the moon to give him light
For he'd many a mile to go that night
Before he reached the town-o, town-o, town-o
He'd many a mile to go that night, before he reached the town-o
He ran 'til he came to the farmer's pen
The ducks and the geese were kept therein
He said, a couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o, town-o, town-o
Said a couple of you are gonna grease my chin, before I leave this town-o
He grabbed the great goose by the neck
And he threw a duck across his back
And he didn't mind the quack, quack
And the legs all dangling down-o, down-o, down-o
He didn't mind the quack, quack and the legs all dangling down-o
The old grey woman jumped out of bed
Out of the window she popped her head
Crying John, John, the great goose is gone
And the fox is on the town-o, town-o, town-o
John, John, the great goose is gone and the fox is on the town-o
He ran 'til he came to his nice warm den
And there were the little ones, eight, nine, ten
Sayin Daddy, Daddy, better go back again
For it must be a might fine town-o, town-o, town-o
Daddy, Daddy, go back again for it must be mighty fine town-o
The fox and his wife, without any strife
Cut up the goose with a fork and a knife
They never had such a supper in their life
And the little ones chewed on the bones-o, bones-o, bones-o
And the little ones chewed on the bones

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

musicmeyer wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 am
The fox went out on a chilly night
He prayed for the moon to give him light
For he'd many a mile to go that night
Before he reached the town-o, town-o, town-o
He'd many a mile to go that night, before he reached the town-o
He ran 'til he came to the farmer's pen
The ducks and the geese were kept therein
He said, a couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o, town-o, town-o
Said a couple of you are gonna grease my chin, before I leave this town-o
He grabbed the great goose by the neck
And he threw a duck across his back
And he didn't mind the quack, quack
And the legs all dangling down-o, down-o, down-o
He didn't mind the quack, quack and the legs all dangling down-o
The old grey woman jumped out of bed
Out of the window she popped her head
Crying John, John, the great goose is gone
And the fox is on the town-o, town-o, town-o
John, John, the great goose is gone and the fox is on the town-o
He ran 'til he came to his nice warm den
And there were the little ones, eight, nine, ten
Sayin Daddy, Daddy, better go back again
For it must be a might fine town-o, town-o, town-o
Daddy, Daddy, go back again for it must be mighty fine town-o
The fox and his wife, without any strife
Cut up the goose with a fork and a knife
And the little ones chewed on the bones-o, bones-o, bones-o
And the little ones chewed on the bones
The fox , the goose, and the duck. And dinner for the fox's family. I guess there is some hidden message or symbolism. Or maybe you posted in the wrong place and it deserves it's own thread.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

America's most corrupt president ever, becomes the first president to become impeached twice. Ten republicans crossed over and sided with the democrats. According to Jake Tapper on CNN, this represents the most bipartisan impeachment in our nations history. He also further commented that many more republicans would have crossed over but had received threats and were afraid that there would be harm to their families if they voted to impeach trump. Not sure when it will be tried in the Senate put if Mitch McConnell votes to impeach he will carry enough other republicans with him to convict trump. My guess is it will be several months before the Senate tries the impeachment. Unless trump resigns in the next few days. A conviction means he will never be able to hold office again.

felix

Post by felix »

SMR, I believe a conviction by itself does not bar a president from ever again holding office. The Senate has to vote separately on barring an impeached and convicted president from holding office, but the threshold is very low --- a simple majority of senators. However, in the case of Trump, he would point out that such a bar only prevents him from *holding* office and does not prevent him from *running* for office. I can easily see him running for office and promising his easily deluded supporters that he will get the bar overturned if elected, and meanwhile using the campaign to attract the personal attention that he loves, and perhaps also to attract the donations that he loves.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

As I understand it, Conviction would bar trump from ever holding public office and only those eligible to hold office can run for it. For example, a 21 ear old can not run for President, nor can a foreign born person. Somebody( Tom Hayden ,maybe) tried to run for President in 72or 76 and wasn't old enough so he was not allowed on the ballot.
The vote you mentioned -a simple majority of the Senate can be held if he is convicted or not, so if every Democrat, and the VP, were to vote for it, they could bar trump from ever running again. I doubt they would do that on their own, but if a handful of Republicans can rediscover their spines, it can be done.

As of today ,five Republican Senators have said they will vote to convict, but we shall see if they do and if another twelve can be found. I don't believe the VP gets a vote in it, as she will be the Judge.
If McC votes to convict, it will pass rather easily, but I will believe that when I see it.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Felix, you are correct that a separate vote would be necessary to bar him from holding office. Not sure and never thought about the running for office part of it. It does sound like the type of stunt trump would pull if that option is available to him. More than likely it will be a moot point. I fully expect McConnell to put his party before his Country and side with trump if and when we ever get to the conviction phase of the impeachment. Hope I am wrong. If he does not side with dems to convict I don't see how there will be 17 reps crossing party lines.

In the meantime, there is a lot to digest in regards to the trump incited domestic terrorist event. Some are saying and new information is coming to light that this could have been much worse and that there could be several house members that aided and abetted these thugs in finding their way around the Capitol. It seems almost certain now their intentions were not just to intimidate but to take hostages and assassinate and that this was planned not just something that got out of control. Hard to tell how this will all play out. It could not have came at a worse time with the pandemic out of control and the economy in freefall due to trump's mismanagement of the coronavirus.