MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: MAGA Terrorist Attack on Capitol

Post by billryan »

As I type this, a bunch of pro-trump thugs is disrupting the funeral service for long time Arizona Civil Rights champion Calvin Goode. They burst into the memorial and are screaming racial curses at the mourners. No police on the scene yet.
Is this going to be the new normal from this band of jackals?

felix

Post by felix »

billryan wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 am
As I type this, a bunch of pro-trump thugs is disrupting the funeral service for long time Arizona Civil Rights champion Calvin Goode. They burst into the memorial and are screaming racial curses at the mourners. No police on the scene yet.
Is this going to be the new normal from this band of jackals?

Kristallnacht

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Trump never told anyone to take the actions of violence. In fact, in his speech, he talked about a peaceful protest. Even today he is talking about similar things in a peaceful manner. Each person is responsible for their own actions. You make decisions on your own and you bare the consequences for them. As to the phony mail in ballots And other election fraud we will never get the full story ever.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

onemoretry wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:32 am
seemoreroyals wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:23 pm
....They were a group who just needed an excuse to try to ignite civil unrest.
While I am very hesitant to enter this fray, I cannot help commenting that this is exactly how I felt about the rioters creating mayhem this past summer - they were simply malcontents just
looking for an excuse to act out, (and perhaps upgrade their electronics at a low price).
I agree they need to be called out as well. I am all for protests and freedom of speech but at some point a line is crossed. With speech it is when dishonesty is used as an attempt to incite others to violence. With protesting it is when it gets to the point where it harms others or their property. Looting, theft, burning peoples businesses and/or residences down, rioting and insurrection doesn't do anybody any good unless you own a business that profits from this type of damage. I am sure the businesses that replace bulletproof glass are busy replacing what the cowardly thugs destroyed last Wednesday.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

notes1 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:24 am
'i resolve to be more tolerant, thoughtful, and understanding of those that i disagree with'.

SMR 01/01/21
You are a one trick pony who aspires to be as good as trump at playing the victim and deflecting one all of their invalid arguments have been exposed.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 am
Trump never told anyone to take the actions of violence. In fact, in his speech, he talked about a peaceful protest. Even today he is talking about similar things in a peaceful manner. Each person is responsible for their own actions. You make decisions on your own and you bare the consequences for them. As to the phony mail in ballots And other election fraud we will never get the full story ever.
Why do you think the mail in ballots are phony? Other than a con man, djt, promoting this before the first ballot was cast, there is no evidence supporting this position. Do you not trust our judicial system? They heard over 60 cases and ruled against trump on all but one. Many of the states that trump included in the big lie recounted the votes a number of times. Even Georgia who has a Rep Gov, Lt Gov, and Sec of State found no evidence of fraud to overturn the election.

Until good solid people like you olds get through your state of denial and call out people like trump, hawley, mo brooks, lin wood, sean hannity, rupert murdock, rush limbaugh, lying ted cruz and others for their roles in the misinformation, propagating the big lie, and inciting the violent insurrection last Wednesday these bad apples are going to continue with what they are doing which at some point will lead to something even worse.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Guess time will tell. All I can say is when I meet someone, I treat them as an equal until they prove otherwise. I can only answer for myself. I never really trust politicians of any party. As to trusting the justice department and other Federal and State agencies, I don’t fully trust any of them. I have been around a long time and have seen lots if things I don’t want to write about here. I still believe for the most part that favoritism and Nepotism rules. Seems like it us still who you know and you scratch my back and I will scratch yours in this world.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

felix wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 am

Finally, it is a real tragedy that President Trump was unable to take the high road, claim his accomplishments (and there were some), concede, congratulate Biden, work toward an orderly transition, and convince his base to remain civil. By refusing to do any of that, he has destroyed his legacy and will go down in history as one of the most immoral and childish people ever to serve as President.
Exactly! All of this mess, especially the assault on the Capitol, was completely avoidable.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

"On Jan 6, 2021 a violent mob attacked the United States Capitol to obstruct the process of our democracy and stop the counting of presidential electoral votes. The insurrection caused injury, death, and destruction in the most sacred place in our republic.

"Much more will become clear in coming days and weeks, but what we know now is enough. The president of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the president. The president could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a president of the United States of his office and his oath to the constitution.

I vote to impeach the president" - GOP Rep Liz Cheney

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Perfectly stated. If we could just get a few GOP Senators to pull their fingers out of their ears and listen to those words, there might be some justice in this land.