MEDIA HYPOCRISY

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

MEDIA HYPOCRISY

Post by notes1 »

why is it that when dems/liberals/anarchists were terrorizing large swaths of this country, the media called it 'mostly peaceful protests'. everyone must remember when CNN had a reporter at the scene of one of these demonstrators, calling it peaceful, in the background were buildings on fire. rioting, looting were justified as only being a 'few', or those committing the crimes were rightfully 'deserving'. innocent folks had their neighborhoods and businesses destroyed, but it was 'mostly peaceful'. and, dem leaders either justified the actions or kept quiet. these criminals illegally took over parts of cities, even declaring some areas 'autonomous' zones. all justified as just a few protesters. never heard the word 'insurrection', when police buildings were taken over or entire neighborhoods were confiscated...illegally.

the acts of those causing the uprising in DC was wrong. but, the press has exploited the situation and the coverage. again, as they have done so often over the past 4 years, they have taken sides.

felix

Post by felix »

Well, good point, Notes. Definitely Fox and the other right wing outlets have taken sides. Definitely.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Oh, CNN and MSNBC are pretty clear on their "side" these days too. And yes, of course Fox. All are atrocious. I haven't found a good straight source of news lately. I read a bit of them all just to hear "both sides" but it's clear they are all poisoned with bias. Celebrity commentators have taken priority over reporters. It's pathetic. And profitable. Clearly most people just want to eat and don't care what's in the food.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:02 pm
why is it that when dems/liberals/anarchists were terrorizing large swaths of this country, the media called it 'mostly peaceful protests'. everyone must remember when CNN had a reporter at the scene of one of these demonstrators, calling it peaceful, in the background were buildings on fire. rioting, looting were justified as only being a 'few', or those committing the crimes were rightfully 'deserving'. innocent folks had their neighborhoods and businesses destroyed, but it was 'mostly peaceful'. and, dem leaders either justified the actions or kept quiet. these criminals illegally took over parts of cities, even declaring some areas 'autonomous' zones. all justified as just a few protesters. never heard the word 'insurrection', when police buildings were taken over or entire neighborhoods were confiscated...illegally.

the acts of those causing the uprising in DC was wrong. but, the press has exploited the situation and the coverage. again, as they have done so often over the past 4 years, they have taken sides.
The people charged with burning down the police station in Minnesota were members of the Proud Boys, from out of state who admitted their action were designed to spark a race war.
The killers of the Federal Security Guard in Oakland and another police officer were also Right Wing terrorists who hoped to inspire a race war.
Strange how notes keeps bringing up examples of what he perceives as left-wing violence yet it is his own white nationalists' cohorts who keep getting arrested for it
Two people killed in Wisconsin by a right wing trump loving punk not old enough to own a gun legally, but somehow that's the fault of the left.
I believe it was Gandhi who said an eye for an eye just leaves everyone half-blind. For some folks here, being only half blind would be a step up from their current state of mind.
I wonder what notes would be writing if a member of antifa had bashed in a cops skull while others cheered him on.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

felix wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:26 pm
Well, good point, Notes. Definitely Fox and the other right wing outlets have taken sides. Definitely.
funny, but also dangerous. when the majority of media take an active position on policies or politicians and attempt to influence the voters, what happens when it works against your position or candidate. be careful what you hope for or wish to continue, things can change, and work against you.

just watch;
-will biden get hardball questions from press or be treated with kid gloves
-will biden be pressed on his entire families business dealings
-how about his families relationship with chinese companies
-will biden's press coverage be 90-95% negative

we already know the answers to these questions.

remember, the outgoing potus received nearly daily accusations of russian collusion, even though the MUELLER investigation cleared him.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Eduardo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:31 pm
Oh, CNN and MSNBC are pretty clear on their "side" these days too. And yes, of course Fox. All are atrocious. I haven't found a good straight source of news lately. I read a bit of them all just to hear "both sides" but it's clear they are all poisoned with bias. Celebrity commentators have taken priority over reporters. It's pathetic. And profitable. Clearly most people just want to eat and don't care what's in the food.
I switch to "NEWSMAX" . Check with your cable company or TV supplies to see if you have it. :D

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Eduardo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:31 pm
Unfortunately Eduardo, CNN, MSNBC and FOX are the best sources of news out there. I watch some OAN and Newsmax and can tell you that their coverage is very one sided favoring DJT and his enablers. Kind of like nighttime FOX on steroids. For instance, right now I am watching OAN and they are reporting that there were antifa BLM linked activists inside the capitol building during the terrorist act. They are trying to make a case that others are responsible for what happened.

Both OAN and Newsmax are the best media outlets currently available if you believe that the election was rigged and other conspiracy theories perpetrated by those trying to undermine our democracy. Overall, for the most part, OAN and Newsmax provide an alternate reality of false facts and is there for those that want to believe in that.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

newsmax is to news as Tom Clancy is to literature.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

wasn't it Lawrence O'donnell, of msdnc fame, that criticized CNN, because they had a pro trump pundit on their broadcast.

how dare they provide any balance to their typical anti conservative tirades? at least msdnc admits their position, as opposed to other MSM, that declares themselves unbiased.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

more liberal/dem hypocrisy. after nearly a year of watching liberals riot/loot/cause destruction in city after city, suddenly, these same hypocrites are concerned about law and order and those who protect all of us.

their position was to scoff at the idea of supporting the police, they thought it was perfectly fine that buckets of water, bricks and cement was directed at those they NOW find need our support/protection. liberals destroying and taking over government buildings was 'protected', as the right of peaceful protesters. breaking into private business and looting them was merely another form of wealth redistribution. rightly deserves reparations, they deserved the stolen goods. no vote required.

dem/liberal leaders and the media supporters, all recognized that 'defunding the police' was a losing position, and cost them votes. so what to do now, take the position of supporting law and order, and figure the public is too stupid to notice the change. and, the media will again cover for them.

hypocrites, all of them.