VACCINE

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
rockinrobin

Re: VACCINE

Post by rockinrobin »

notes1 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:32 pm
rockinrobin wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Florida is a total mess as far as the vaccination plan.
well, let's deal with actual facts, per NYT and CDC. and, as BR requests we will use most recent data;

-percentage of vaccine received, that has been distributed. texas-R and florida-R have a GREATER percentage distributed than both DEM run states, ca and ny. CA has distributed approx 28% only.

- how about actual covid/chinese virus cases, last 7 days, rate per 100k population. both REP run states have a LOWER rate than both dem run states. california actually ranks #2 HIGHEST rate.

-how about actual covid deaths, last 7 days, per 100k residents. BOTH REP states have LOWER death rate than both DEM run states. both REP states have been criticized by the left for not shutting down their economy. in the meantime, NYS with all it's government over reach, has a worse state rate of cases,
more deaths and worse distribution rate. 3 for 3, good job! b/t/w, ny is also facing a massive budget deficit.

go ahead, accuse me of hatred. just pointing out facts.
I commented on Florida. I stated facts relating to Florida. Your insistence in always dividing things into red or blue is disturbing. We are the United States and I hope they all do well for the good of the country. I haven't accused you of hatred. I will say that you are an extremely angry person and I hope, for your own sake, you can get that under control.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Eduardo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm
I appreciate those thoughts, but they actually don't answer the question at all. ;)

My personal view regarding the question is that these things are important, but they are far from the most important thing in my life and I should spend my time and energy accordingly. I intentionally don't watch the news much, because it can be consuming. There will always be problems in Washington DC, and the news will do all it can to retain your viewership day and night. I can't remember the last time I watched or read the news for an hour and felt better at the end of it.

I can usually feel okay about wasting 15 minutes of my day keeping up on things. More than that, I've given away something I can never get back, to accomplish nothing except higher blood pressure and fewer friends.

Obsessing about Cuomo, no matter what he has done, gains me nothing.

I only say this because it seems to me that current events are rankling you more than might be healthy, and I want better for you. Maybe I'm wrong and if so, wonderful. I hope you won't be offended by the suggestion. But I think intentionally taking some time away from the news would do you some good. You might miss some headlines, but you'll find that the world went on without you and isn't any different than it would have been if you had your face in the news 24/7. You'll be surprised how easy it is to get caught up on what you missed, and yet you won't have poured so much of your time into it. I say this not out of judgment, but based on personal experience having done so myself several times after realizing that consuming too much news was getting the better of me.
Since there is no "like" button - I am just going to repost this.. Well said !

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

YOU choose to bring up florida, in a negative way. it is your right to do so.

i simply countered with ACTUAL data from CDC. do you not enjoy knowing real facts? does knowing that CA and NY are more of a disaster than FL, not make you a better informed person? or, is it you just don't want to hear any news that doesn't go along with your obvious narrative.

liberal after liberal comes to this forum and attempts to post something negative about trump, red states, republican governors or conservatives in general. when i post actual facts, with sources, that counter those negative liberal posts, they then proceed to accuse me of anger, hatred and divisiveness.

this tactic, practiced by the left, is projection. accuse your opponent of something negative, that they themselves are doing. all conservatives should remember this, learn to recognize it and point it out, when it happens.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Good health and luck to all in absolutely that order. The Country is in a huge mess no doubt about it. IMO a good part of the problem is a lack of work ethic and honesty in general. I see people barely able to walk in their 60s and 70s still showing up for work every day unless they are really sick. The younger crowd thinks nothing of calling out even at the last minute. Also we can’t continue to print money and continue to give out so much free stuff forever. Unless we get back over 50 percent of the people working and paying taxes, this Country will be a sinkhole with no escape. Keeping out illegals abd not supporting them would be a good start. The caravans are on their way as soon as the election results were announced. The vaccine and long term happenings are still so unknown. Even half of New York Health Care Workers haven’t been vaccinated yet. And some of this is by choice. Unfortunately there is a new starting to surface news about deaths shortly after the vaccine has been administered, life-threatening issues, and thousands of emergency room visits shortly after the vaccine was given. Too early To tell yet if these were coincidences, other underlying conditions, or something more sinister that we have yet to find out.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

notes1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:28 am
omt, good luck with health situation.
Thanks. The prognosis is pretty good - I just hope it plays out that way.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:17 am
Good health and luck to all in absolutely that order. The Country is in a huge mess no doubt about it. IMO a good part of the problem is a lack of work ethic and honesty in general. I see people barely able to walk in their 60s and 70s still showing up for work every day unless they are really sick. The younger crowd thinks nothing of calling out even at the last minute. Also we can’t continue to print money and continue to give out so much free stuff forever. Unless we get back over 50 percent of the people working and paying taxes, this Country will be a sinkhole with no escape. Keeping out illegals abd not supporting them would be a good start. The caravans are on their way as soon as the election results were announced. The vaccine and long term happenings are still so unknown. Even half of New York Health Care Workers haven’t been vaccinated yet. And some of this is by choice. Unfortunately there is a new starting to surface news about deaths shortly after the vaccine has been administered, life-threatening issues, and thousands of emergency room visits shortly after the vaccine was given. Too early To tell yet if these were coincidences, other underlying conditions, or something more sinister that we have yet to find out.
Where are you getting this information about thousands of emergency room visits and life threatening issues arising from vaccinations? I have not seen any such reporting. The local hospital keeps everyone who gets a shot for thirty minutes to observe them and releases almost all of the people with no adverse reactions at all.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

notes1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:38 pm
YOU choose to bring up florida, in a negative way. it is your right to do so.

i simply countered with ACTUAL data from CDC. do you not enjoy knowing real facts? does knowing that CA and NY are more of a disaster than FL, not make you a better informed person? or, is it you just don't want to hear any news that doesn't go along with your obvious narrative.

liberal after liberal comes to this forum and attempts to post something negative about trump, red states, republican governors or conservatives in general. when i post actual facts, with sources, that counter those negative liberal posts, they then proceed to accuse me of anger, hatred and divisiveness.

this tactic, practiced by the left, is projection. accuse your opponent of something negative, that they themselves are doing. all conservatives should remember this, learn to recognize it and point it out, when it happens.
I commented on Florida because I live here! I am not going through all 50 states because I am commenting on the state I actually have a personal interest in.

Things are not always red, blue, liberal, conservative, Republican or Democrat. Maybe you need to seen the world as a whole, not divided as you always do. The only one projecting is you.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Epoch Times. I haven’t checked other sources yet. Of course further investigation is needed to see how much was directly related abd how much was due to other conditions. They just reported the numbers. By the way, in a couple of days, we will exceed 400,000 deaths from Covid in this Country. There aren’t many other options right now other than take the vaccine. Even then, you can still give the virus to someone else.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i have an interest in all fifty states. how can one evaluate how any single state is doing with vaccination program, virus containment, illnesses or deaths, quality of life, without comparing different locations. as florida is one of the 4 most populated states, and it was the target of your comment, it seemed fair to see how the other three most populated states were doing. it also seemed fair, as one half of those 4 large states were run by different parties. and, that is exactly what i did, with FACTS from both CDC and NYT.

why are you offended by reading more info, than less. it would seem reasonable to want to know if one location is doing a better job at vaccinating and fighting the chinese virus, than another.

you are wrong, in the case of the chinese virus, how it is being dealt with, has a lot to do with whether the state's governor is red vs blue. and, how any state is doing is more than just virus illness and deaths, it is also a combination of other health problems, financial devastation, child abuse increase, education loss and much more.

with more actual FACTS, folks can determine for themselves, which states are doing better than others.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

the party of math and science, just can't quite seem to understand anything about either topic;

- according to CDC, as of 01/21/21, the number of new cases, within last 7 days, per 100k residents, NY has 40% more cases than florida. CA has 50% more cases. b/t/w, for the reading impaired, MORE CASES is not something to be proud of.
-how about deaths, last 7 days, per 100k residents, hard to believe NY has 35% MORE deaths, and CA has 50% MORE deaths than florida.
- vaccine distribution, how about this, CA again leads the big 4, with the WORSE percentage of vaccine delivered, only 37%. per NYT 01/21/21

what do CA and NY have in common, you guessed it, both run by DEM governor. both DEM run states have been in some form of lockdown for months, and surely NY will be calling on the rest of us to bailout their budget shortfall.