VACCINE

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: VACCINE

Post by notes1 »

rockinrobin wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Florida is a total mess as far as the vaccination plan.
well, let's deal with actual facts, per NYT and CDC. and, as BR requests we will use most recent data;

-percentage of vaccine received, that has been distributed. texas-R and florida-R have a GREATER percentage distributed than both DEM run states, ca and ny. CA has distributed approx 28% only.

- how about actual covid/chinese virus cases, last 7 days, rate per 100k population. both REP run states have a LOWER rate than both dem run states. california actually ranks #2 HIGHEST rate.

-how about actual covid deaths, last 7 days, per 100k residents. BOTH REP states have LOWER death rate than both DEM run states. both REP states have been criticized by the left for not shutting down their economy. in the meantime, NYS with all it's government over reach, has a worse state rate of cases,
more deaths and worse distribution rate. 3 for 3, good job! b/t/w, ny is also facing a massive budget deficit.

go ahead, accuse me of hatred. just pointing out facts.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Notes, what do you mean you have to abide by what your medical folks say?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:20 am
Notes, what do you mean you have to abide by what your medical folks say?
So YOU don't listen to what your doctor tells you? Just asking.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Tedlark, hate to admit it other than going to dermatologist to remove a few skin cancers and dentist for a couple of implants and follow up visits, and a colonoscopy about 10 years ago, I have not been to see a doctor in about 20 years. At 62 I am thankful to be in good health. If I did have a doctor that was holding me back from getting my vaccine I believe I would have to start looking for another doctor.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:50 am
Tedlark, hate to admit it other than going to dermatologist to remove a few skin cancers and dentist for a couple of implants and follow up visits, and a colonoscopy about 10 years ago, I have not been to see a doctor in about 20 years. At 62 I am thankful to be in good health.
Here is the other side of the "not seeing the doctor" coin.

I have many years on you (almost 17), and have considered myself, other than having hip replacements several years ago, to be in pretty good health.

I do have annual physicals though, and last summer, to my surprise, microscopic traces of blood were detected in my urine. The cause turned out to be bladder cancer, which, thanks to its early detection was superficial only, and has been completely (they think, and, hopefully) removed. Time will tell whether they were right or not, but that early detection of the problem was, obviously, quite important.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i would expect nothing less from you, thinking only about yourself and how everything should revolve around you and your needs. how uninformed are you? just because you have had good health (up to now), that doesn't mean everyone has been as fortunate as you. lots of older folks have prostate problems, heart problems, cancer, the damn list is endless. and, some medications or treatments may react poorly to a vaccine. how about producing your medical degree.

this the exact same attitude you started posting about the chinese virus. you wanted the economy shut down, to protect YOU. you had your money, your situation was good, so the hell with everyone else. too bad for the poor slug who put a lifetime of work in their business, only to see it taken away, due to a flawed response policy from YOU. shut down everything for YOU!

well, how has that worked. CA and NYS are prime examples of states that restricted their economies and have gained what? their 7 day average infection and death rates are worse than many that did not. THAT IS SCIENCE! and, NYS has a massive budget deficit to boot. no doubt, with dem rule, the rest of us will be bailing them out. how many additional suicides, missed medical diagnosis have been missed, children abused, bankruptcies, due to the policy you wanted.... protect smr at all costs.

when are you liberals going to learn, the virus came from CHINA, they started it, they lied about it. and, they continue to lie/cover up. just this week the idiots at WHO reported that china will still not allow researchers in to investigate. the usa state dept reports there may have been 'sick' workers in Wuhan back in late 2019.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

notes1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:38 am
i would expect nothing less from you, thinking only about yourself and how everything should revolve around you and your needs. how uninformed are you? just because you have had good health (up to now), that doesn't mean everyone has been as fortunate as you. lots of older folks have prostate problems, heart problems, cancer, the damn list is endless. and, some medications or treatments may react poorly to a vaccine. how about producing your medical degree.

this the exact same attitude you started posting about the chinese virus. you wanted the economy shut down, to protect YOU. you had your money, your situation was good, so the hell with everyone else. too bad for the poor slug who put a lifetime of work in their business, only to see it taken away, due to a flawed response policy from YOU. shut down everything for YOU!

well, how has that worked. CA and NYS are prime examples of states that restricted their economies and have gained what? their 7 day average infection and death rates are worse than many that did not. THAT IS SCIENCE! and, NYS has a massive budget deficit to boot. no doubt, with dem rule, the rest of us will be bailing them out. how many additional suicides, missed medical diagnosis have been missed, children abused, bankruptcies, due to the policy you wanted.... protect smr at all costs.

when are you liberals going to learn, the virus came from CHINA, they started it, they lied about it. and, they continue to lie/cover up. just this week the idiots at WHO reported that china will still not allow researchers in to investigate. the usa state dept reports there may have been 'sick' workers in Wuhan back in late 2019.
Deny, dodge, deflect, hate and anger. I really hope for your own benefit you get professional help.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

onemoretry wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:33 am
seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:50 am
Tedlark, hate to admit it other than going to dermatologist to remove a few skin cancers and dentist for a couple of implants and follow up visits, and a colonoscopy about 10 years ago, I have not been to see a doctor in about 20 years. At 62 I am thankful to be in good health.
Here is the other side of the "not seeing the doctor" coin.

I have many years on you (almost 17), and have considered myself, other than having hip replacements several years ago, to be in pretty good health.

I do have annual physicals though, and last summer, to my surprise, microscopic traces of blood were detected in my urine. The cause turned out to be bladder cancer, which, thanks to its early detection was superficial only, and has been completely (they think, and, hopefully) removed. Time will tell whether they were right or not, but that early detection of the problem was, obviously, quite important.
Thank you OMT for the sensible response. No excuses for not getting a check up once a year.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

omt, good luck with health situation.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My Mother was one who refused to go to doctors for many years. Then she had what she self-diagnosed as a kidney infection and after about a week of drinking a ton of cranberry juice reluctantly agreed to visit an urgent care center. She never made it past the triage desk as they called 911 and rushed her to a hospital. She was operated on that day for a blockage that the surgeon said should have killed her.
Fast forward six months and she complained of not feeling good and asked my sister to take her to the ER where it was determined she had had a minor stroke. That night, she had a major stroke but luckily was in the hospital and survived it with loss of sight in one eye and the loss of use of most of her left hand.
The next few years she reluctantly began seeing various doctors on a regular basis but still wound up with emergency heart surgery.
In October of 2015, she began complaining of what she thought were gall bladder attacks but they would pass. On a Saturday she decided if she wasn't better by Monday, she would call her doctor. Sunday night, watching her Mets play in the World Series she got ghostly white so my sister rushed her to the hospital where she died on the operating table. It turned out her gall bladder attacks were in fact a series of heart attacks, and the surgeon said she might have had as many as 15 in the days before.
Everyone, please, see your doctor on a regular basis and more importantly - listen to them.