Jan 20, 2021: Out With the Old in With the New

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Jan 20, 2021: Out With the Old in With the New

Post by seemoreroyals »

Biden is going to take over on Wednesday. He is facing a pandemic that has taken over 400,000 lives, mass unemployment, racial division, in the middle of the second impeachment of what many consider the most corrupt president in our history. An outgoing president who did everything possible to throw a wrench in the transition process that is so critical in our form of government. Has any president had to come in and deal with so many issues on this scale and this magnitude?

While 80,000,000 people are taking a giant sigh of relief, there is a large chunk of our country that have been fed lies, propaganda, and misinformation for the past four years that are at a crossroads right now. I am sure that there is a significant part of the 73,000,000 that voted for the outgoing president who would not vote for him again, in light of his clinging to THE BIG LIE, not admitting that he lost an election, and insisting it was stolen from him and that he won by a landslide, and inciting an attempted coup on our Capitol on Jan 6th.

While all this is going on there is an undercurrent of racists, white supremacists, and other predominantly radical right wing extreme groups that would like nothing more than to overthrow our country, and get in the way promoting their insurrection agenda. Where do we go from here?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I don’t have the answer, but from what I heard of the immediate changes that will be made the first days in office as well as further attempts to silence free speech by various entities, things may get worse and polarize thinking even more. I ggess we will see. Right now, Covid is the biggest enemy that has to be conquered. As new Covid related news comes out every day and none of it good, we will still be in the midst of a nightmare.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

I as well hope Biden makes getting conquering Covid his top priority. It will not be easy but at least there is hope. We will finally have an adult in the oval office so maybe by this time next year we can all get back to doing things we previously took for granted.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I read that 145 million people actually voted for Biden but the Canadian-made machines automatically changed every other vote to trump. That makes sense to me, as there is no way 74 million real Americans were dumb enough to want to give this turd a second term.

musicmeyer
Forum Rookie

Post by musicmeyer »

King Lion looked in the mirror. “What a beautiful and noble creature I am,” he said. “I will go forth to show my devoted subjects that their leader is every inch a king!” The King put on his robes of state, his large jeweled crown, and all of his gold and silver medals. As he walked down the roads of his kingdom, everyone who saw him bowed to the ground. “Yes, yes,” said King Lion, “I deserve this respect from my people, for truly I am every inch a king!” There was a tiny Beetle standing near the road. When the King saw him, he cried, “Beetle, I command you to bow low before me!” “Your Royal Majesty,” said the Beetle, “I know that I am small, but if you look at me closely, you will see that I am making a bow.” The King leaned over. “Beetle,” he said, “you are so hard to see down there. I am still not sure that you are bowing.” “Your Majesty,” said the Beetle, “please look more closely. I assure you that I am indeed bowing.” The King leaned over a little farther. Now the robes of state, the large jeweled crown, and all of the gold and silver medals had made King Lion very top-heavy. Suddenly he lost his balance and fell on his head. With a great roar, he rolled into a ditch at the side of the road. The frightened Beetle scurried away. From head to foot, every inch of King Lion was covered with wet mud.

It is the high and mighty who have the longest distance to fall.

Today is National Popcorn Day .....get yours and enjoy the show ☺☺☺

felix

Post by felix »

So that ungrateful bast@rd Mike Pence is going to Biden's inauguration tomorrow instead of to Trump's farewell gathering at Andrews Air Force Base. Can you believe it? Trump basically sends a "very special" mob of "lovely" extremists to the Capitol to try to assassinate Pence, and that's the thanks Trump gets!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

That is a wretched choice. You figure that he would stand by the man who picked him out of the crowd.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Pence is taking a calculated risk that the rabid trump supporters who staged the coup will leave the republican party and a semblance of sanity will return to it.
Watching faux news this morning and they seem much more concerned about a caravan a few thousand miles away than the need to have some 50,000 National Guard members deployed around the nation to protect us from the president's supporters.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

The day has finally arrived. Can't wait for noon to get here.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Day has come. Rejoice!