First night in my new house.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: First night in my new house.

Post by billryan »

OTABILL wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:12 pm
Best wishes in your new abode Billy.
:up:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Good luck and stay healthy out there. I first used a jackhammer at age 16 working with an old time Itaian stone mason. I think my teeth are still chattering. At the end of the day, we had to load the portable cement mixer into the trunk of his 55 Pontiac. He was age 84. Guess who had to do the lifting! This was in 1964. Where did the years go?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

It hadn't rained here in four months, so the day I rent a Uhaul and hire two guys to help move a bunch of stuff, it rains all night and turns to snow. Roads are slick as all hell and people here don't know how to drive. A car raced past me, illegally in a no pass zone. He must have been doing 80. About ten minutes later I passed him as his car must have spun out and he did a few donuts on the side of the road.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:36 pm
It hadn't rained here in four months, so the day I rent a Uhaul and hire two guys to help move a bunch of stuff, it rains all night and turns to snow. Roads are slick as all hell and people here don't know how to drive. A car raced past me, illegally in a no pass zone. He must have been doing 80. About ten minutes later I passed him as his car must have spun out and he did a few donuts on the side of the road.
Question: In your originating post of January 23, 2021 you stated "We had some precipitation this weekend so I wanted to see how the new roof holds."

Yet in today's post you state "It hadn't rained here in four months, so the day I rent a Uhaul and hire two guys to help move a bunch of stuff, it rains all night and turns to snow."

Wow! Four months go by and it just felt like 3 days. Unless of course these 2 guys you paid in cash did the work this past Saturday?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

There are these things called mountains. Sometimes the storms come up from Mexico and don't make it over the mountains. That is what happened last weekend. The storm stayed on the south side of the Mules. Last night and today the storm went over the mountain and for the first time in months, we had rain in the park. My building and my storage units are on one side, my new house is on the other.
I realize I used a few big words but hopefully you will grasp enough to understand it.
The south side of the mountain and the land around it is green all year from the rain, while the north side is more arid and is green only during the summer monsoon, which never came this year.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Mountains in Arizona? Gee, so that's what I was looking at during my first visit to Tucson back in 1973 and those eighteen or so visits subsequent to that first trip.

If you had enough "precipitation" that you were concerned if your roof would hold up, it isn't merely dew on the roof, it's rain.

Your lengthy explanation reminds me of several people I know who always try to over-explain themselves out of a corner that they've painted themselves into. Doesn't work too well for them either.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Tedlark wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:45 pm
Mountains in Arizona? Gee, so that's what I was looking at during my first visit to Tucson back in 1973 and those eighteen or so visits subsequent to that first trip.

If you had enough "precipitation" that you were concerned if your roof would hold up, it isn't merely dew on the roof, it's rain.

Your lengthy explanation reminds me of several people I know who always try to over-explain themselves out of a corner that they've painted themselves into. Doesn't work too well for them either.
I believe Billy moved to Texas, That is where his new house is located.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Tedlark wrote:

My new house is at least thirty miles from my storage units. Over the weekend it rained there . Today it is rained/snowed in Bisbee. Route 80 was shut down, as was !-10, which is a good 50 miles away.
I do appreciate your childlike innocence. Most people outgrow it but you still ask the darndest questions.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

OTABILL wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm
Tedlark wrote:

I believe Billy moved to Texas, That is where his new house is located.
No, I'm still in SE Arizona. The financing for the shop in Fredricksburg didn't come through.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:31 pm
After having to rent a jackhammer to sink the poles for my sunshades, I'm pretty sure no one will be digging any tunnels not authorized by the mining company. Bisbee is an old mining town with what they say are hundreds of miles of former mining tunnels interlaced under it.
OTA, I was under the impression he was discussing Bisbee?