Plans for the Big Game?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Plans for the Big Game?

Post by FAA »

Brady. MVP.
Of the friggin’ Super Bowl.
Story for the aged.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

BR.... next year consider having some Longhini Italian sausage shipped out for the big game. You can order it online and they will ship anywhere. It is the best I have ever had and I am spoiled because I can get it at the market right down the street. It is double ground and there is just something great about it. Made right here in New Haven Connecticut. Just Google their website.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My friends from the WOV site usually throw a suite party at South Pointe and, God willing, I hope to join them next year. I've missed two years now, and if you miss three, it's something you used to do.
A friend who went to Yale swears the best pizza comes from New Haven, but I don't think that is the name he always talked about.

Jean76
Forum Rookie

Post by Jean76 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:19 pm
Like to hear these stories. The closest I can come to identifying with the Olympics would be my best friends dad who was an alternate hurdler for Italy in the 1948 Olympics. My other best friend’s son has won many gold medals in swimming in the Special Olympics. I have posted before him. I will never forget the time I cooked outside for 200 Special Olympics kids. That was one of the highlights in my life I will never forget. A couple of these kids could throw a bullet pass with the football like I have never seen but couldn’t really grasp the plays. It is interesting how these kids usually excel in one area to compensate for their disabilities. I will say one more thing These kids are the happiest people on earth.
This is a very nice post and I applaud you sir for devoting time to serving the special olympians.
Children born with down's syndrome in varied degrees who grow into young adulthood are without exception kind, loving and without any kind of malice, as you said genuinely happy.

The super bowl yesterday was one of the biggest flops ever; I did not bet at all on it but perhaps I should have because I correctly predicted almost exactly what wound up happening. I said to family and friends that the Tampa defense was far superior to Kansas City Chiefs defense and you also have the KC coach Andy Reid's life long penchant for not preparing his team properly or adequately before a big game. Reid also is not good at adapting or changing a game plan in the midst of a game when it is obvious it is not working. He is a very good offensive coordinator and player developer, but his career in Philly and in KC, with the one obvious exception of last year, has been marked by his teams doing very well all season and then crashing big time in a post season game coming up short. KC had absolutely no clue yesterday, and the half billion dollar investment in Mahomes is already looking very suspect. They style Mahomes plays will not last, he is going to burn out or be hurt eventually if he keeps flinging himself around like he has. Andy Reid's son who is one of the KC coaches was involved in a very bad accident the night before the super bowl, possibly DUI involvement, and people were very seriously injured including a child I believe. You wonder if that factored into any of what happened on KC side; Andy Reid's inability to control his players from making all those very dumb penalties in the first half, and the fact they could not even score one single touchdown? Many of us have Tom Brady fatigue. There is no question he is the greatest ever, no question, but I am really kinda sick and tired of him. He's almost too perfect if such a thing is possible. I am sure his fans disagree with me.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I can respect the Chiefs pedigree within the NFL and learned a lot through the media. But I hope that the PM contract backfires on them. I don’t like the precedent it sets. I’m not a Tampa Bay or NE fan. I just like the Brady grind.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Bowling with these kids is a blast too! If you were having a bad day, it is over after a day with them. Thanks for the kind words. I say kids loosely. Some are well into their 50s and just as happy as 12.