Got the Covid

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Got the Covid

Post by olds442jetaway »

Best of luck CC. Stay well Unfortunately the science is changing almost daily with this stuff. Especially with the new variants out there.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Got the first Moderna shot Tuesday. Second to follow March 30. Am symptom free and didn't want to wait any longer. Anyone get the vaccine after having Covid?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I got a text from AZ.gov telling me I'm now eligible for the vaccine, as they have lowered the age limit to include 55-64.
I go to their site and and saddened to find out that all their January and February appointments are booked. I'm offered a slot March 30th, but it's about a five hour ride to the place.
I check in on Cochise and Pima Counties and they have openings, but only for people over 65. It seems the County can make their own restrictions so while I'm eligible in Arizona, I'm not eligible in the only two counties within driving distance. If I sign up for the March 30th spot, I'm not able to register closer to home if something opens up.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I would pass on a guarantee 5 hours away that far out. I imagine waiting a couple weeks will provide more opportunities closer to home.

I'm confused though why you were looking for a January or February appointment when it is now March?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I wasn't looking. When you first entered the site, in big bold letters is an advisory that all January and February dates are filled. It's a good indication of how the state has handled things.
Gov. Ducey just ordered all schools to reopen by the 15th, but won't give any priority to school employees, and is about to lift all restrictions on all business, even though the infection rate is double what it was when he ordered the first shutdown.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Yes, it's remarkable how poorly some of these state web sites are run when it's clearly a top priority. It's not like they are short on funding, it's just mismanagement. People are desperate for answers and just want an appointment. You shouldn't have to spend hours searching only to get the message "Don't bother calling. Try again some other time." Others have clearly had no problem getting an appointment and some states are doing much better than others.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I hate all of this supposed high tech appointment stuff. We spend our lives on the phone talking to nobody when a 2 minute call would cover everything. following the computer menu or speaking bill or account numbers almost always results in errors. The worst systems and my state has one is when you call they say they are too busy and hang up on you. You cannot even leave a message. The best systems And there are a few where you can press one and they will call you back. Mohegan Sun vip uses that one and I never had to wait more than ten minutes, but even that system makes you wait on hold quite a while before you can request a call back. The other day we got a bill from Quest labs that we knew was incorrect. They had an extra 0 in our account number. Of course the bill is looking for the money. We waited on hold nearly an hour before getting a live person. It has since been followed up by two more incorrect bills And on and on. I could go on for hours about the high tech systems and incompetent customer service everywhere but I am sure you have experienced it yourselves

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

My business partner, who had Covid back in late Janurary/early Feburary just like me, had an appointment for the shot last Friday afternoon at the Raritan Center mega site here in NJ. Waited almost 2 hours, got to the vaccine station and the nurse said oh-you can't take the shot, you need to be 90 days out of quarantine. He was not happy, but convinced them to give him the shot- no side affects.