Got the Covid

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Got the Covid

Post by Carcounter »

Well, I must admit that I've always thought I was immune to a bunch of stuff, But I tested positive for Covid on Jan 29. Had a cough and felt weak so got tested. My business partner and his wife, who is our office manager also tested positive. Out of quarantine today. I'm 69 with no underlying health issues, other than an affinity for a cold Ketel One Citroen in a chilled martini glass. Don't know how or where I got it, although my partner in the next office was coughing earlier in the week. Was very fatigued and slept a lot last week. Finally started to feel better yesterday and today, but still feel tired and have aches and pains and a cough. At least I now have the anti bodies. Followed safe protocols since this nonsense started. Have to admit it affected me more than I thought it would. Stay safe everyone. Can't wait for the Friday lunch specials at Knife and Fork in AC and sunny60 degree plus weather. Hell I'll take 40 degrees the way things are going lately.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Stay safe and hydrate and get a lot of rest.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto. For sure

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I know the feeling, but I haven't heard of anyone on the planet having an actual "natural immunity" to this one. Seems like anyone can get it, but the degree to which different people are affected varies tremendously.

I think we are all hoping for the "asymptomatic" case of it, but nobody knows until they get it. Unless they already got it, which would be even better to know. But most of us would never get tested without symptoms or unless we were in the room with someone who tested positive.

Sounds like you had an unpleasant bout with it, but are on the up-side. Here's to hoping for a smooth recovery from here. :up:
Last edited by Eduardo on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

cc, best of luck, get better soon.

nothing to do with CC, but read an article that aarp sent me. it was dealing with the worst underlying health conditions that caused problems with the chinese virus. the top two were obesity and diabetes. not sure if true.

it just seems to me that if the medical field, without political influence or correctness, could identify those most susceptible, they could be vaccinated first. such as...age, sex, race, possible harmful habits (smoking, drinking, drugs, etc), weight, underlying medical problems, etc.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

notes1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:42 am
it just seems to me that if the medical field, without political influence or correctness, could identify those most susceptible, they could be vaccinated first. such as...age, sex, race, possible harmful habits (smoking, drinking, drugs, etc), weight, underlying medical problems, etc.
Seems like that is what they are doing, around here any way. Age and smoking are both factors being considered. Some people don't like the smoking one (as expressed here on the forum). But I don't know of anywhere not using age and potential exposure (medical workers) as the leading factors. The reasons for the latter being not only that they are most personally vulnerable, but also more likely to pass it on to other vulnerable patients or have to quarantine if infected. So even a younger healthcare worker should be towards the top of the list, to protect their vulnerable patients.

What are the criteria being used to prioritize access in your area?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am
notes1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:42 am
What are the criteria being used to prioritize access in your area?
you are the last person who should be expecting a response to a question.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I have taken far more time responding to your questions than you ever have to mine. Have a nice day.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Carcounter I, just said a prayer for you and family . say one for me too , since I am a sinner !

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:10 pm
Interesting. I'm pretty sure I have taken far more time responding to your questions than you ever have to mine. Have a nice day.
your last response to a question was inadequate.

for someone with a lot to say on many subjects, why is it you can't seem to start any threads? maybe one in last 6-9 months. is it just easier to criticize what others say, than to bring up a subject to discuss?

don't bother answering,i really don't care.