RIP Rush LImbaugh

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

RIP Rush LImbaugh

Post by billryan »

Love him or hate him, he was one of the most influential radio personalities of our time.
I personally found him to be a brilliant satirist, most of whose material sailed over his listeners heads.
Rest in Peace.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

He sure got a bad rep from the left and Obama. Not surprising I guess since he was quite opposed to their views, and effective.

I didn't agree with him 100% of the time, but probably most of the time. I didn't take time to listen to him too often over the years but when I did, he was fantastic. He treated talk radio like an art form and was a master in that regard. Far better than any of the celebrity commentators on the major networks currently, most of whom seem more interested in stirring things up for ratings than making sound arguments. Limbaugh was both thorough in his arguments and entertaining. He definitely had an understated sense of humor that appealed to be as well.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I don’t believe there will be another one like him. Brilliant,family oriented, giving, and a true believer in Conservative values and this Country.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm not sure being married four times means he was family-oriented, although the right seems to embrace people like that.

phnxnmartini

Post by phnxnmartini »

:lol:
billryan wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:01 am
I'm not sure being married four times means he was family-oriented, although the right seems to embrace people like that.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Well at least he married them, unlike some politicians who will remain unnamed. Rush was brilliant. He had a way of making the complicated, easy to understand. I am always amused at the people who hate him, but have never really listened to him. He was completely logical in his arguments.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

RL was a con man in the purest sense. He had an innate ability to lead the simple minded in the direction he wanted them to go with his power of speech. That is what con men do. He is more responsible that DJT in emboldening white supremacists and the hatred fomenting inside otherwise decent white people towards people of color.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:22 am
RL was a con man in the purest sense. He had an innate ability to lead the simple minded in the direction he wanted them to go with his power of speech. That is what con men do. He is more responsible that DJT in emboldening white supremacists and the hatred fomenting inside otherwise decent white people towards people of color.
Come on. If gawd had wanted everyone to be equal, she'd have made everyone white.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

seemoreroyals wrote:
I guess I'm one of those simple minded people with two engineering degrees and a PE license.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:21 am
seemoreroyals wrote:
I guess I'm one of those simple minded people with two engineering degrees and a PE license.
Two engineering degrees and you wound up with a license to teach PhysEd?