RIP Rush LImbaugh

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: RIP Rush LImbaugh

Post by olds442jetaway »

I guess I will have to join the simple minded club too along with 75 million or so other simple minded folks. I turned down a Scholarship at Yale to go to UCONN and enroll in their Marine Bio program. Just as well. I would have been there with Bill and Hillary. I actually think I met them once or twice at Toads Place in New Haven, not knowing who they were of course. That would have been in 1970 and I still hung out there at Toads for several years after that as well as a couple of old time famous New Haven bars.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

billryan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:37 am
seemoreroyals wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:22 am
RL was a con man in the purest sense. He had an innate ability to lead the simple minded in the direction he wanted them to go with his power of speech. That is what con men do. He is more responsible that DJT in emboldening white supremacists and the hatred fomenting inside otherwise decent white people towards people of color.
Come on. If gawd had wanted everyone to be equal, she'd have made everyone white.
THE name is spelled GOD !!! I would respect that if I were you br !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

As my favorite flutist once opined
" He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.
He's a lover of life,
but a player of pawns.
Yes, the King of the Sunset
lies waiting for dawn
to light up His jungle,
as play is resumed"

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:10 am
Carcounter wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:21 am
seemoreroyals wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:22 am
RL was a con man in the purest sense. He had an innate ability to lead the simple minded in the direction he wanted them to go with his power of speech. That is what con men do. He is more responsible that DJT in emboldening white supremacists and the hatred fomenting inside otherwise decent white people towards people of color.
I guess I'm one of those simple minded people with two engineering degrees and a PE license.
Two engineering degrees and you wound up with a license to teach PhysEd?
Professional Engineer, knucklehead. But you knew that.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I knew it wasn't a license to teach gym but honestly didn't know what a PE license was.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I am waiting for BR to ask my why I didn’t hang with Bill and Hillary at Toads. If I remember at the time, they were a couple just interested in each other. I am sure if I had been a fly on the wall at their Yale campus gatherings, I would have got into it with them. My conservstive views have roots going back to listening to my great grandfather as a young teen. I really miss listening to Rush while driving in my car mid afternoons. I love when he used to talk about the drive by media. The only thing of the Clintons I wouldn’t mind having is their money or Bill’s hair. I’m afraid that would tilt me to the left though so I will pass on the hair. Not important now, but back then it was called Hungry Charlies not Toads. People went there mostly for food and drink.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My cousin, who was a year younger than me, attended Yale and I spent a weekend on campus with him, when he was in his second year. The history around the school was amazing. He was enrolled in the
"school" where Thomas Jefferson had been enrolled and his dorm had ancient tunnels in it. I remember him pointing out the buildings of the secret societies. I. like everyone, came away incredibly impressed with the place. A month or two later, I spent a weekend at Princeton and didn't get anywhere near the same impression.
We went out for pizza one night in New Haven, someplace we could walk to, but don't remember where or if the pizza was any good. I was really awestruck by the school and its buildings.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You probably went to Naples diwn the street. Pretty good. Been there a few times. Yale is amazing beyond belief. The stone work architecture to this day blows me away. I am very fortunate to only live seven or 8 miles from Yale. I think I mentioned before in high school my bio teacher got me a pass to the Yale library archive section and I got to hold in my hands and read hand written books between 500 and 1,000 years old as well as original drawings, manuscripts, and scientific research notes from so many famous people. I’m sure I would never be able to get a pass like that today. Back then they didn’t even give us cotton gloves to wear

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Awesome story Olds, just don’t get to touch history like that.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:49 pm
You probably went to Naples diwn the street. Pretty good. Been there a few times. Yale is amazing beyond belief. The stone work architecture to this day blows me away. I am very fortunate to only live seven or 8 miles from Yale. I think I mentioned before in high school my bio teacher got me a pass to the Yale library archive section and I got to hold in my hands and read hand written books between 500 and 1,000 years old as well as original drawings, manuscripts, and scientific research notes from so many famous people. I’m sure I would never be able to get a pass like that today. Back then they didn’t even give us cotton gloves to wear
MY niece went to Yale , full scholarship !! her father told me it still cost him many thousands ! so he clued me in that it was still far from free ! we r still trying to figure where she got all that grea matter from . lol.