Why is everyone so excited?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: Why is everyone so excited?

Post by advantage playe »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 pm
billryan wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:14 am
Carcounter wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:06 am
LA Times. An NPR/PBS/Marist poll. Classic fake news. Robin, if you really believe this stuff, I feel sorry for you.
My son used to dismiss anything he didn't like as being fake. Luckily for him, he outgrew it by the time he entered first grade.
Jut like you dismiss Fox News, even if they state a fact. Look the fact is we will never see eye to eye, but if you want to match wits with me ( you think I have the mentality of a first grader?) let's figure out a way to do it. For charity. Maybe we'll raise 10 bucks. FAA can be the moderator.
Make the bet 10grand !!! my money is on the CAR !!!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

AP can give me the questions in advance.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

oh its on cnn already !! cnn= communist news network !!! changed from clinton news network !!!

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

Carcounter wrote:
LA Times. An NPR/PBS/Marist poll. Classic fake news. Robin, if you really believe this stuff, I feel sorry for you.
I feel sorry for people like you, when presented with facts, feel the need to cry “fake news”. You can’t debate anything without name calling and attacks. That reminds me of the former guy.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Eduardo wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:23 am
What a sad commentary that our response to such an incident is cynical digs at a political party. Not criticizing either of you... I had similar thoughts. I think our entire country needs to see a therapist.
The Doctors Crane.jpg
The Doctors Crane.jpg (23.02 KiB) Viewed 2636 times

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Is it wrong for Governor Cuomo's people to put out a press release saying that he appeared at a "pop up" event yesterday?

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:47 am
Oh oh, the Colorado shooter has an arabic name and is not a MAGA guy. This doesn't fit the narrative.
He immigrated to this country as a two year old from Syria under the Bush Administration in 2002. Mental illness problems, anger issues, all because he was bullied growing up as a muslim according to his family. No excuses for either his behavior or his ability to get a assault rifle. Until our leadership comes up with and pass legislation for common sense gun laws we can expect more of the same going forward.

Whether in church, or in a movie theater, at school, at a spa, or in Vegas, and now a grocery store. It does not matter where you live no one is immune to gun violence. Are assault rifles really necessary for hunting or home defense? It's past time for universal background checks. Crazies, mentally ill, and people with a history of anger issues have no business owning guns. Until we figure out a way to keep guns out of the hands out of the wrong type of people there is no reason to think that this problem is going to go away any time soon. I agree with those that say thoughts and prayers without action are not enough.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

For those trying to use the Boulder, CO shooting as a reason for gun control, try again. They have it all, and it all failed.
However, had there been an armed citizen in that store when things started to jump off, it might have been a very different picture.

Colorado Gun Law:
Universal Background check
15 Round Magazine Limit
Extreme Risk Protection Order "Red Flag" Law
Guns Show and Boyfriend "Loopholes" - CLOSED
Mental Adjudication Prohibits Firearm Ownership
Restraining Order Prohibits Firearm Ownership

Boulder Specific Gun Laws:
"Assault Weapon" Ban
10 Round Magazine Limit

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

rockinrobin wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:51 pm
Carcounter wrote:
I feel sorry for people like you, when presented with facts, feel the need to cry “fake news”. You can’t debate anything without name calling and attacks. That reminds me of the former guy.
Glad someone feels sorry for me. Was worried nobody did.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Bobbi wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:19 am
However, had there been an armed citizen in that store when things started to jump off, it might have been a very different picture.
And, if there were four or five armed citizens, there could have been a full-blown shootout, and perhaps many, many more fatalities!