Why is everyone so excited?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Bobbi

Why is everyone so excited?

Post by Bobbi »

" Biden to deliver first primetime address as president, will mark anniversary of coronavirus shutdowns".

We have all seen him reading from a teleprompter before ( and we have seen what happens when the teleprompter slows down or otherwise malfunctions). When do you suppose he will take real un-screened questions in a real press conference? I am sure with a couple of microphones, they can all socially distance.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Never. JMO.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It’s newsworthy. It’s definitely a milestone occasion.

POKERKAT
Forum Regular

Post by POKERKAT »

He already has taken questions without using a teleprompter. Because of his stutter, his answers are sometimes paced slowly and occasionally the wrong word or number comes out. Still he is able to stay on topic unlike a past president whose speeches went off on predictable topics that never got anywhere. So, we disagree. But, you might try to take one of trumps actual speeches and try to read it when it is transcribed. Word salad with many insults and self gratification involved. I am gratified that we are acknowledging all the Americans who died from this virus and trying hard to control it. Tired of the negative. Glad that more people in government are actually trying to work to better our country rather than themselves.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I can't speak for everyone but I like having a President who speaks in complete sentences, doesn't drift into long digressions and who seems to actually represent America and what it stands for.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Agree with POKERKAT and billryan. We still have a lot of challenges ahead due to the disorganized mess Biden was left with. The fact that trump went out of his way to block any chance of a smooth transition of power and orchestrated the insurrection on Jan 6th tells you all you need to know about trump's character. I like the fact that Biden gives it to us strait and is more concerned with others rather than stroking his own ego.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

I have never seen Biden take and answer questions that were not pre screened. Can you point me in the direction where I might find that interview? I have seen reporters get shut down and Biden rushed out of any situation when questions are asked. (Have you seen that video of him asking Nancy if she wants him to take questions and the feed suddenly shuts off? Or yesterday at that local hardware store? ). Complete sentences? Only when the teleprompter is on and that is if it is going at the correct speed. He couldn't even read or remember the name of the pentagon or his secretary of defense. Seriously, I want to know what he thinks. I want him to explain all those executive orders he has signed. I want him to explain how the border situation is being handled. I don't want to hear about what he does or is going to do that afternoon from his press secretary. I want to hear him, in his own voice and words. I want some transparency. If we don't see that, we have to assume that someone else is putting the words to his teleprompter.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Poor bobbi. March 4th has come and gone. How does it feel ?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:16 am
I can't speak for everyone but I like having a President who speaks in complete sentences, doesn't drift into long digressions and who seems to actually represent America and what it stands for.
Bill, you posted this on Janurary 20th 2017 right? Just bustin

musicmeyer
Forum Rookie

Post by musicmeyer »

" True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it." Karl Popper

Continue to enjoy the movie.... 2nd Thursday of March is National Popcorn Day ☺☺☺