Why is everyone so excited?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Bobbi

Re: Why is everyone so excited?

Post by Bobbi »

Capture.JPG
Attachments
Capture.JPG

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

I thought the Biden press conference was refreshing. I like the way he prioritized. Get the virus and economy dealt with first. He inherited a list of issues from his predecessor the likes of which have not been seen since the Great Depression. He came out prepared, in authority, and in control. Biden's press conference was not the razzle dazzle of a snake oil salesman as we witnessed for four years under trump. Yeah, there was an occasional stutter. Get over it, he stutters. As Rockinrobin pointed out he answered questions for over an hour. Just the truth in regards to his plans going forward. I thought he knocked it out of the park and those of you that were hoping for a meltdown were disappointed.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

:lol:

He came out "prepared" because someone circled the faces of the people he was allowed to call on. And had prepared answers.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:45 am
I thought the Biden press conference was refreshing. I like the way he prioritized. Get the virus and economy dealt with first. He inherited a list of issues from his predecessor the likes of which have not been seen since the Great Depression. He came out prepared, in authority, and in control. Biden's press conference was not the razzle dazzle of a snake oil salesman as we witnessed for four years under trump. Yeah, there was an occasional stutter. Get over it, he stutters. As Rockinrobin pointed out he answered questions for over an hour. Just the truth in regards to his plans going forward. I thought he knocked it out of the park and those of you that were hoping for a meltdown were disappointed.
Knocked it out of the park? Really. Oh my God.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

I would never say Trump was good in press conferences, he was a total jerk at times. But ANYONE who says Biden did well just shows their blind loyalty to there own brand and party. It’s a train wreck at the least, no denial can hide it

felix

Post by felix »

Several assorted thoughts:

1. Biden's press conference was the first logical, calm, informative and non-hateful presidential press conference I have seen in the past 4 years. Bobbi mocks his preparation, but that is exactly the same type of preparation used by Presidents Kennedy and Reagan. According to two different books by Reagan White House officials, knowing in advance which reporters were to be called on was standard procedure.

2. Stop wasting your breath talking about gun control. It's not going to happen. If it was ever going to happen, it would have occurred after 20 innocent 1st grade kids, most 6 years old, were slaughtered at Sandy Hook Elementary. If Sandy Hook could not move the needle, nothing will.

3. Why do Great Britain and many other countries have such a low murder rate compared to the United States?

4. And finally, there is a reason why Trump lost the election by a solid margin, and the reason ain't fraud. A majority of Americans got sick and tired of the lies, the whining, and the overwhelming leadership incompetence.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

pokerforme wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:55 am
I would never say Trump was good in press conferences, he was a total jerk at times. But ANYONE who says Biden did well just shows their blind loyalty to there own brand and party. It’s a train wreck at the least, no denial can hide it
I thought he handled it well enough. He's not an actor, or a failed businessman pretending to be an entertainer. He is a policy wonk who often begins to get deep into an explanation and then realizes he is going into too much detail. He is not charismatic, but the American people didn't elect him for his charisma. They elected him for his steadiness, and for knowing how to get things done. Press conferences are not meant to be entertaining or for having red-meat highlights.
Perhaps I missed something, so anyone who thinks Bidens preesser was a trainwreck, provide some evidence. What,exactly, was off the tracks?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

rockinrobin wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:26 pm
Bobbi, nothing you said is based in reality.

Ted, Biden oversaw the border issues under Obama. Why does putting Harris in the same position bother you?
Just WHERE in my post did I say that this move bothered me?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:45 am
Very refreshing ! Nothing like a good comedy !!