Got rear ended by a hit and run (and possible) drunk driver while boarding a bus.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Jstark
Video Poker Master

Got rear ended by a hit and run (and possible) drunk driver while boarding a bus.

Post by Jstark »

Last night at approximately 11:10pm, I was boarding a bus heading home. Buses are free so this is very economical right now. As I was half way through the door, a someone smashed into the rear of the bus. I was knocked to the ground, but was unhurt. There was only one other passenger and the driver on board and neither of them were hurt as well. I got up to check on the driver of the car that hit us. All of the airbags deployed in it, I went around to the drivers side and she opened the door. I asked if she was ok and she said yes but seemed a bit incoherent. I then proceeded to call 911 and as I did so, she got back in, backed up and drove off. She then proceeded to drive into the median, then back onto the road almost hitting another driver. She got about 2 miles down the road before crashing into another vehicle where I hope she was arrested. Hopefully I'll hear from the police agencies involved later today.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Hope your ok, may want to file a claim earlier just in case issues related show up at a later time

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I'm plenty fine. Wasn't even as bad as a football tackle.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Jstark wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:18 pm
I'm plenty fine. Wasn't even as bad as a football tackle.
Glad to hear you are ok.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Jstark wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:55 am
Last night at approximately 11:10pm, I was boarding a bus heading home. Buses are free so this is very economical right now. As I was half way through the door, a someone smashed into the rear of the bus. I was knocked to the ground, but was unhurt. There was only one other passenger and the driver on board and neither of them were hurt as well. I got up to check on the driver of the car that hit us. All of the airbags deployed in it, I went around to the drivers side and she opened the door. I asked if she was ok and she said yes but seemed a bit incoherent. I then proceeded to call 911 and as I did so, she got back in, backed up and drove off. She then proceeded to drive into the median, then back onto the road almost hitting another driver. She got about 2 miles down the road before crashing into another vehicle where I hope she was arrested. Hopefully I'll hear from the police agencies involved later today.
You say hopefully hear from the POLICE ?!! I thought the POLICE were DEFUNDED !!!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Free bus?! What a deal.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

advantage playe wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:37 pm
Jstark wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:55 am
You say hopefully hear from the POLICE ?!! I thought the POLICE were DEFUNDED !!!
Haha, well, it did take them about 15 minutes to show up considering the station was only a mile away.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

FAA wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:52 am
Free bus?! What a deal.
No longer. Fares restarted yesterday.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Remember a story years ago about an NJ Transit bus that was involved in an accident in Newark I believe. There were about 10 people on the bus at the time of the crash, but bystanders rushed on to the bus so when the ambulances got there, 30 people had injuries.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:18 pm
Remember a story years ago about an NJ Transit bus that was involved in an accident in Newark I believe. There were about 10 people on the bus at the time of the crash, but bystanders rushed on to the bus so when the ambulances got there, 30 people had injuries.
No doubt coached by vulturing, ambulance chasing lawyers. :lol: