Bisbee named one of the 15 best small towns in the USofA.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Bisbee named one of the 15 best small towns in the USofA.

Post by billryan »

Daily Choices came out with their poll of the fifteen bst small towns in the country, and Bisbee once more was on the list.
I was surprised to see Sea Bright, New Jersey on the list. It's long been a favorite of mine but usually it takes a backseat to some of its neighbors on the shore.
Woodstock, Vermont made the cut, as did Telluride, Colorado, and Deadwood, Colorado.

By the way, I finally met Doug Stanhope as he had a small fund-raiser at his house. In a town of very unique architecture, Mr. Stanhope's stands out.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Congrats on Bisbee being on such a highly regarded and respected list.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Tedlark wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:52 pm
Congrats on Bisbee being on such a highly regarded and respected list.
It was a lot of hard work but I must thank the little people, without whom Bisbee would be just another town.

DougJ

Post by DougJ »

YAWN.

I see March 16th came and went without much fanfare . . . . because that was the day the phrase was created: "YOU CAN"T FIX STUPID."

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 pm
Daily Choices came out with their poll of the fifteen bst small towns in the country, and Bisbee once more was on the list.
I was surprised to see Sea Bright, New Jersey on the list. It's long been a favorite of mine but usually it takes a backseat to some of its neighbors on the shore.
Woodstock, Vermont made the cut, as did Telluride, Colorado, and Deadwood, Colorado.

By the way, I finally met Doug Stanhope as he had a small fund-raiser at his house. In a town of very unique architecture, Mr. Stanhope's stands out.
I know Sea Bright NJ quite well, live close by and have been there hundreds of times. Don't want to offend anybody, but there is nothing special about Sea Bright. There re so many neater small towns in NJ than Sea Bright. That is why I don't take these lists seriously, although I have heard good things about Bisbee.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

These lists are very subjective, that's for sure. I happen to enjoy that section of NJ and I think it might get extra points because of the ferry to NY, making it easier to visit.
One year a town near me on Long Island was named in the top ten places to live. The next year it wan't included at all. North Hempstead was voted best suburb one year, and not in the top twenty-five the next.
Bisbee seems to make every list, as if it is somehow mandatory to include it.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yeah that's a good sign for Bisbee. In my area of NJ, I would say that Red Bank and Asbury Park are far more interesting than Sea Bright. They have also made some lists.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Nothing exciting here in the northern burbs of Detroit. But I get a kick out of peoples reaction when I tell them I live west, north AND south of Canada but am still in the continental United States.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Jstark wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:22 am
Nothing exciting here in the northern burbs of Detroit. But I get a kick out of peoples reaction when I tell them I live west, north AND south of Canada but am still in the continental United States.
I'm about five miles north of the border, but to get there I need to go north. The only road you can take south ends up making a northwestern turn about two miles south of me and never gets closer to the border. Take the same road north and very soon you hit a road headed southeast that leads right to the border.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Carcounter wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:40 am
Yeah that's a good sign for Bisbee. In my area of NJ, I would say that Red Bank and Asbury Park are far more interesting than Sea Bright. They have also made some lists.
I think Asbury Park might be too big.