Yaphet Kotto

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Yaphet Kotto

Post by Carcounter »

Wow, Didn't realize he passed on March15, his role as Lt. Al Giardello on Homicide Life on the Street was great. That was the best cop show ever. Baltimore Homicide cops not New York, LA or MIami. Real blue collar stuff.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I never saw it, but I enjoyed The Wire, which was also filmed in Baltimore.

Around 1978, a friend and I were driving a third friend's van to New Oleans for him and we stopped by Baltimore to visit the Combat Zone, which was Baltimores version of 42nd Street. We walk around awhile and then drove around looking for a quiet place to park and sleep for the night. I wake up a few hours later, and go to step outside to urinate only to discover we had parked on a street by a school and the street was closed for the kids to play outside. Hundreds of kids, dozens of teachers and I was the only white person in sight. It turned out we were barricaded in and I had to go get a teacher to move a car that was across the street, closing it to traffic. It was one of the more embarrassing events of my life.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I loved everything about Homicide. It was an addictive must watch. I so looked forward to each episode. Such a beautiful name for his character. Mesmerizing television.