Vaccines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Vaccines

Post by onemoretry »

billryan wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:10 am
My personal reaction to the first dose was milder than I anticipated, but other people's mileage will vary.
I had my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine this past Saturday. Some people I know have experienced some mild reaction to it (localized arm pain), but I had absolutely none. My understanding is that the second dose is more likely to generate side effects, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yes, but never get a reaction from a flu shot

Leeknows
Forum Rookie

Post by Leeknows »

billryan wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:04 am
BTW- the troops were deployed around our Capitol under the old administration.
Yes. they were. On January 7th. Almost 3 months ago. And no end in sight. As for Dr. Birks, she was front and center during that time. What did she do to prevent those deaths? Nothing, other than tell people not to wear masks. Others said it too, but she is as responsible for those 400,000 as anyone. Her and Fauci both change directions to stay in favor with those in power.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Wife and I are both fully vaccinated as of yesterday. Like others we both have sore arms and some fatigue. We are both hopeful, that in regards to the virus , things will slowly continue to improve until by this time next year we will be looking at it in the rear view mirror. Kudos to all those that are fully vaccinated for both themselves and for helping stop the spread to others.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

feel back about 90% after 48 hours of second shot. We may have to do this every 6 months though

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Had mild flu like symptoms after 2 nd pfizer shot in early February. Hope we can beat this thing. In the interim, all protocols are still necessary. On a very sad note, I lost my dad 2 weeks ago to Covid. He still got it at the assisted living facility after his first shot. A wonderful man and WW2 vet. He had to go on a blood thinner due to clots from the Covid. Unfortunately, the result was a brain bleed he could not recover from. If you have never lived more than 3 miles from your parents like me, they become your best friends as much as mom and dad.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Hope your Dad is in heaven ! and you see him latter !!!

Indy70
Forum Rookie

Post by Indy70 »

Condolences on your loss Olds.
I'm always Thankful to those that served.

My second Moderna vaccine is scheduled soon. Had a sore arm for a few days, after the first one. What's a little discomfort? To help protect our loved ones and put this virus behind us.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Olds, I am so very sorry for your loss...I always loved hearing stories about your Dad.
Prayers to you and your family. :heart:

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

My condolences on your loss. I lost my dad when I was 19 and it was a life-changing experience. We had a very challenging relationship and I often wonder which way it would have gone if we had had more time.