Vaccines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
doris13
Video Poker Master

Re: Vaccines

Post by doris13 »

olds,i'm so very sorry for your loss.sending prayers and hugs your way

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

olds, sorry to hear about your father. he is in a better place.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Sorry to hear about your loss olds

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Olds, sorry for the loss of your father.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thank you all. I am sure my dad is in a better place now and with my mom. We had a couple of unusual things happen recently in that regard. The day after my dad passed out of the blue this beautiful hibiscus bloom appeared in my house. This is a big plant about 6 feet tall we keep it inside in the winter. It is very rare for it to bloom at all in the winter and I have never seen one this amazing before. I will attach the pictures. Also another picture attached is an older Christmas cactus that was my moms who passed away five years ago. It usually blooms
332483DA-72E4-464A-B3EB-24E9E60D0F59.jpeg
once a year and had already bloomed right around Christmas time. A few days after dad’s passing these two blooms appeared on the Christmas cactus. I’m hoping it means my mom and dad are together now. Thank you again everyone for the condolences and well wishes.
Attachments
93170D21-637F-41FA-B040-5D2AB2FB376E.jpeg

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

For those of us who have been around a few years and enjoyed hearing history that you won’t find any book, during World War II my dad was stationed in the states. He was a great saxophone and clarinet player in the army band. His colonel would not let him go overseas. The band played for many many troops coming and going and played for many famous entertainers of the era. Not too many people still around today will remember Rudy Valle. Rudy Valley was also a saxophone players, actor, and had his own radio show in along with a few other credits. During the war, he would also entertain the troops and as a token of appreciation for the band that my dad was a member of, He would buy a case of beer for them. After the show, and after the beer was consumed happily by the band, Rudy would come around and collect the empties for the deposit. I don’t think you’ll find this in any history book. Believe it or not, the history of bottle returns goes back to Ireland in 1799.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:07 pm
Had mild flu like symptoms after 2 nd pfizer shot in early February. Hope we can beat this thing. In the interim, all protocols are still necessary. On a very sad note, I lost my dad 2 weeks ago to Covid. He still got it at the assisted living facility after his first shot. A wonderful man and WW2 vet. He had to go on a blood thinner due to clots from the Covid. Unfortunately, the result was a brain bleed he could not recover from. If you have never lived more than 3 miles from your parents like me, they become your best friends as much as mom and dad.
My deepest condolences Olds on the passing of your dad. May his memory be for a blessing.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thank you all again so much. My dad was a man of few words. Yet every word was something important. I have never known a kinder man. Always thinking of others.
It took two months, but a few odd symptoms I experienced after the second Pfizer vaccine are finally gone. I think we still have a long way to go both with perfecting the vaccines as much a possible and fighting this awful virus.
You can put me in the nut job caregory if you like, But I have a theory on the origin of the virus. First of all the earth is bombarded by trillions of viruses every day. They don’t need oxygen to survive. and many can survive extreme heat. There was a meteor shower and strikes not that far from the Wuhan area a couple of months before the outbreak of Covid. My theory is some of the meteors were scooped up and cut open Thus releasing the virus. It is also possible they toyed with it in the Chinese labs and who knows what happened in there. Just a theory I have. we will probably never be able to prove exactly what happened. Even though it is really not a living thing, it has survival instincts and will do what it Has to do By mutating to better survive and replicate itself by using our bodies as a host.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

What is the point of having a Space Force if they can't stop viruses from illegally entering our atmosphere?

stephmo

Post by stephmo »

My deepest sympathy on your loss Olds. May happy memories sustain you and your family during this sad time.