Vaccines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Vaccines

Post by billryan »

The longer it takes to get everyone vaccinated, the more chances the virus will have to mutate and if it mutates often enough there is a possibility a vaccine-resistant strain will emerge.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Vaccines are freely available here in SE Arizona now. The situation is 100% better than a month ago.
The Governor reluctantly allowed county health officials to work directly with Fema and the Feds and it seems to have made a huge difference. A month ago, people were waiting hours for the shot, now it's almost a drive-by.
Incredibly, our Gov seems to be intent on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by doing away with all restrictions and prohibiting localities from issuing mask mandates. That has caused problems as businesses are still allowed to mandate masks and the usual yahoos are showing up maskless, causing problems for employees. One rural sheriff, a favorite talking head of one of the networks , has said his men do not enforce store policies so they will not respond to calls about maskless patrons. I think this will end up in somebody getting killed because the same ignorant people who refuse to wear masks are often the same ones who believe they have a right to bring semi-automatic rifles into their supermarket.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I am unclear as to which company's elixir will be offered. If J&J, no way. But I'll get it sorted this week.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Got my first Moderna shot in the arm today.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

my vaccine was pfizer.the first shot left me with a sore arm,second shot nothing.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm supposed to get my second shot on Thursday but Arizona has shifted a bunch of doses around to get first shots into people originally scheduled for the J&J shots. I'm told it is 50-50 it will be Thursday, but 95% I'll get it by Tuesday. We'll see. I'm in no rush to get back to my old normal.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

billryan wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:16 pm
I'm supposed to get my second shot on Thursday but Arizona has shifted a bunch of doses around to get first shots into people originally scheduled for the J&J shots. I'm told it is 50-50 it will be Thursday, but 95% I'll get it by Tuesday. We'll see. I'm in no rush to get back to my old normal.
Good luck Billy.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I was able to get my second shot this morning, with my original a
On my way to my appointment, I passed the only supermarket in some forty plus miles and they had a HUGE banner offering free vaccines.
So far, so good!