Vaccines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Vaccines

Post by FAA »

Olds, I am extremely sorry to hear. I so enjoyed reading the stories about your care and concern! I personally heard improbable stories about much younger people passing away after the vaccines and feel numb and devastated.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Sorry for you loss OLDS your dad sounded like a great man.

I also live 2 miles from my folks, see them many times a week. They both doing well and very helpful with mom cutting my hair mending shirts and dad helping me putting in a new pan gasket in my John Deere rider along with other repairs.

As for the vaccine I been looking at the J & J but holding out for now due do negative news on it this week.
V__C990.jpg

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I am a straggler also. I want to see some continued and constant solid stats. I'll probably be among the last 2% getting it.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:49 pm
I am a straggler also. I want to see some continued and constant solid stats. I'll probably be among the last 2% getting it.
Continued and solid stats in terms of what? Success rates of each vaccine are pretty much continued and pretty much solid.

The longer you delay in getting the vaccine the more you increase your odds of getting the virus.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

GA third state to nix JJ vaccine!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

It is so nice when your folks are not only mom and dad, but your best friends. Not everyone has that. As to the vaccine, I wouldn’t wait. So far so good with Pfizer for me.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

I wouldn't wait as well. It's been six plus weeks since my second shot (Moderna) and all is well. Only a little soreness by the injection site for a couple of days. Feel liberated and can go out. Still wear a mask and take precautions . I wouldn't get the J & J shot. Have heard some negatives there.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

I have at least three in my immediate circle of friends that are procrastinating and rationalizing and thus far refusing to get vaccinated. Although I have shared with them all of the positive reasons to get Covid shots and the fact that there are no drawbacks to getting vaccinated they all remain steadfast in their refusal.

One says the only way he will get vaccinated will be if the cruise industry starts back up and they require vaccines for cruising. Another one's wife works at a pharmacy. Last I heard, even though he could have been vaccinated early on, he is holding out because he does not trust what is in the vaccine. The third one recently turned 80 years old and I am concerned about him the most. He is in excellent health for his age but takes way to many chances. At first he was going to wait for the JNJ to come out. Then he was going to wait until the VA makes it available to him. When I last talked to him he had an appointment with his personal physician some time next week.

People have their reasons for not getting vaccinated whatever they are. So far just over 20% of adults are fully vaccinated and just over 34% have had at least their first shot. In most parts of our country the vaccine is readily available to older people and those considered high risk. Soon it should be available to everyone including younger adults and children. Until we get the other two thirds of the country vaccinated we will continue to muddle through and deal with new more infectious strains.

Congrats to all of those who have been fully vaccinated. And please, to anyone reading this who is not, get your Covid vaccines. Other than a sore arm for a day or two there really is no downside to getting vaccinated. I promise you once you do, you will be relieved and will be able to safely engage in activities that before were taken for granted. Small pox and more recently measles were eradicated thanks to vaccines. We are in a race between the virus and the vaccine. The sooner enough of us get vaccinated the sooner we put this terrible pandemic behind us.

Leeknows
Forum Rookie

Post by Leeknows »

FAA wrote:
Want stats? Here:

Deaths from Covid or at least Covid related (USA only): Almost 600,000.
Deaths from Covid vaccines: 0

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Leeknows wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:43 am
FAA wrote:
Want stats? Here:

Deaths from Covid or at least Covid related (USA only): Almost 600,000.
Deaths from Covid vaccines: 0
I'm leaning toward thinking that a certain someone's knowledge of the COVID-19 virus vaccinations is about the same as this certain someone's knowledge of video poker.