Vaccines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Vaccines

Post by FAA »

When I called today, I got a recording saying that none were available and to keep checking back. Most convenient location. I'm in no hurry anyway.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

billryan wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:43 am
I was able to get my second shot this morning, with my original a
On my way to my appointment, I passed the only supermarket in some forty plus miles and they had a HUGE banner offering free vaccines.
So far, so good!
FYI, Yesterday, a friend of mine wanted to get her first shot. I got on the ADHS website around 11:00 am and got her an appointment at 12:50 pm at the Mesa Convention Center. There were at least 6 appointments available at that time and several more earlier. I went there with her and there were at least 100 people getting vaccinated. They had the Moderna vaccine. There were other sites listed but no appointments available when I got on.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

NYC had 31 sites open over the weekend for vaccines-no appointment required. They were basically empty. In some areas, does everyone who wants the vaccine already have gotten it?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Carcounter wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:50 am
NYC had 31 sites open over the weekend for vaccines-no appointment required. They were basically empty. In some areas, does everyone who wants the vaccine already have gotten it?
The gov. will TELL YOU what u want or dont want !! Remember , they r here to help !!!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

It seems like Arizona has pretty much reached the saturation point for people who want the vaccine., with most still needing the second shot.
It has, rather bizarrely, become a political mess. Almost without exception, the Democratic leaning areas have much higher vaccination rates than the other counties, and how a particular zip code voted in the last election is an almost perfect predictor of the vaccination rate.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Bill, Maybe in Arizona, but how do you explain the lack of participation in NYC? Not many of those republican males that you think won't take the vaccine.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

billryan wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 am
It seems like Arizona has pretty much reached the saturation point for people who want the vaccine., with most still needing the second shot.
It has, rather bizarrely, become a political mess. Almost without exception, the Democratic leaning areas have much higher vaccination rates than the other counties, and how a particular zip code voted in the last election is an almost perfect predictor of the vaccination rate.
I am not sure how you can determine that Democratic leaning areas in AZ have greater participation than other areas. If you are looking at urban vs rural that's one thing. Remember, particularly in Maricopa County, vaccination sites have drawn people countywide. In fact, regarding state run sites, folks could be going there from other counties as well. Last week, I accompanied a friend to the Mesa Community Center. People from all over came, my friend lives 20 miles away in a strong "republican" area. I have no clue where all those getting vaccinated live. When the State started giving vaccinations at State Farm Stadium, many of my neighbors went,, driving 40 miles in the middle of the night. Before I was able to luckily find a closer site at a reasonable time, I had signed up for a Saturday night at 11:50 pm. A couple of my friends had appointments at 2:00 am.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

How many here reading this today are leaning maybe skipping the shot?

I am still on the fence looking to wait till fall since there is a booster coming now in fall anyway. I never ever got a flu shot so this shot really don't get me excited much, even here in Michigan where they keep saying the virus is so bad I am not seeing it. I still don't by the hipe.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Interesting point. If I need a booster in five months anyway, I may just dither further. No wonder Pfizer’s stock rose 1% today!