Vaccines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Vaccines

Post by billryan »

Under the old administration, the USofA was barely vaccinating a million people per week. It was thought that it would be the Fall of 2021 before even half the population would be vaccinated. Even Biden was hoping to get 50 million people vaccinated in his first hundred days.
Now, it looks like most everyone who wants a vaccine will have it before the summer begins.
It is truly amazing what our government can do when it is mobilized correctly.
In January, residents of Cochise County could barely get tests, let alone vaccines. Now Bisbee alone has three sites to get your shots.
It makes you wonder how many lives might have been saved if our former leaders had put half the effort into vaccinations as they did spreading their sick lies about election fraud.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Well that's one side, err, I mean one way to look at it.

Why is it then, that numbers are on the rise? This is where it is said that individual states and the way THEY handle things are the reason why numbers are climbing again.

It is real easy to say that we will have 200 million people ABLE to get vaccinated by a certain date but GETTING those same 200 million people vaccinated by that certain date is another matter altogether.

Beside the well publicized case of fraud with distributing the vaccination perpetrated by executives at Loretto Hospital in Chicago how many other cases of fraud such as this have happened in the United States? There obviously have to be more fraud cases than this one case.

Why wasn't a portion of the COVID-19 bailout money going to states and local governments tied to hitting performance goals to get positive tests down in each state? Local politicians are salivating at how to spend each of their windfalls and there wil be little controls over how this money is spent.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Except they actually were close to a million a day by the time he took office. That’s the reason he had to change his goal from 100 million in his first 100 days. Ignorance is bliss

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

pokerforme wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:00 pm
Except they actually were close to a million a day by the time he took office. That’s the reason he had to change his goal from 100 million in his first 100 days. Ignorance is bliss
Yep. It's like a runner talking about winning the race but failing to mention the head start they got.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

What head start would that be?
After helping to get the vaccine in record time, the trump administration didn't order the needed doses, didn't set up any infrastructure to get the vaccine out and didn't even share that information, leaving the new administration with no product or system. No FEMA, no National Guard and most importantly- no funding.
What we are seeing now is how efficient the government can be when it is properly used.
Just imagine what could have been done if the former prez had bothered to use it.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday morning. No side affects until 9 last night. Then the muscle aches and fatigue set in just like the first shot. A little better this morning, but some people definitely have reactions.

Leeknows
Forum Rookie

Post by Leeknows »

If "mobilized correctly" includes government troops surrounding our capital indefinitely with barbed wire and fencing to boot, then yeah I guess they're mobilized correctly.

This administration would not have a vaccine, and the lockdown would be continuing on indefinitely, had they been in office when the pandemic started. I wish people would put their hatred of Trump the person aside and use a little objectivity when declaring their admiration.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Leeknows wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:05 am
If "mobilized correctly" includes government troops surrounding our capital indefinitely with barbed wire and fencing to boot, then yeah I guess they're mobilized correctly.

This administration would not have a vaccine, and the lockdown would be continuing on indefinitely, had they been in office when the pandemic started. I wish people would put their hatred of Trump the person aside and use a little objectivity when declaring their admiration.
Dr Birx, trumps hand picked medical person on his COVID team has said 400,000 deaths could have been avoided had they followed the science. Is that objective enough?
While the Doctors and scientists were urging a lockdown, who was it that was tweeting out to " liberate" states?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

BTW- the troops were deployed around our Capitol under the old administration.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Carcounter wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:38 am
Got my second Moderna shot yesterday morning. No side effects until 9 last night. Then the muscle aches and fatigue set in just like the first shot. A little better this morning, but some people definitely have reactions.
Do you get an annual flu shot? I do and most years I get a reaction like that. I now get my flu shot on a Monday and expect to spend most of Tuesday lounging around.
My personal reaction to the first dose was milder than I anticipated, but other people's mileage will vary.