Any stock pros out there?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Any stock pros out there?

Post by billryan »

Buy Sheep, Sell Deer!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

You should probably buy a yacht instead. The little guy can't afford it so it must be a good deal, and you can't go sailing on a stock.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

There is a really cool Bed and Breakfast near me that is a 1930s yacht. It had sat in a drydock for years and the present owner was allowed to take it just for the cost of towing. I think he paid $5,000 for delivery and another $25,000 on the interior. I believe it would have been hundreds of thousands to make it seaworthy, but it sits in the high desert, with a custom dock that serves as a deck, with an incredible view of the mountains and simply spectacular sunsets.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Anybody can make money this year. Get on it.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Correction: Anyone could have made money this past year and year to date. The rest of this year is a SERIOUS question mark. :)

The gains have been fantastic, but I'm moving quite a bit to cash as we speak.

I would be very hesitant to buy into the current market. I could be wrong, which is why the vast majority will remain invested. Just pulling some out in case a new buying opportunity opens up. I wouldn't find a 10% drop (correction) surprising at all in the next several months.

Having said all that... trying to time the market is usually a mistake. I've been wrong as many times as I've been right. The end result has been good, but I would attribute that to luck every but as much as skill/intuition.

The best thing I did was put half my investments in tech funds about 10 years ago. Those have outperformed all my other funds by leaps and bounds. I'm really unsure if that sector is due to continue or face a reckoning. I try not to overthink it.
Last edited by Eduardo on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:31 pm
Correction: Anyone could have made money this past year and year to date. The rest of this year is a SERIOUS question mark. :)

The gains have been fantastic, but I'm moving quite a bit to cash as we speak.

I would be very hesitant to buy into the current market. I could be wrong, which is why the vast majority will remain invested. Just pulling some out in case a new buying opportunity opens up. I wouldn't find a 10% drop (correction) surprising at all in the next several months.

Having said all that... trying to time the market is usually a mistake. I've been wrong as many times as I've been right. The end result has been good, but I would attribute that to luck every but as much as skill/intuition.
did you listen to previous episode last week of Gamblinbg w/ an edge? Bob him self said he wouldnt want to be seen playing a poker machine cause everyone would play that game/machine

its a monkey see monkey do type of world we live in, dont need to know how the results become but the ending results is what the monkeys look for.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

If you're trying to convince us that you think like a monkey, it's working.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

LOL, if. It's good enuff for Bob Dancer then it's good enough for me.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Be Nice!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

2020 investing took nerve. I did well enough, and of course thus far this year. A lot of hay is in the barn, but I'm counting on six more months worth.