Random Thread

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: Random Thread

Post by billryan »

doris13 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 3:09 am
sweet cat olds,my girl chicklit is in my profile picture. i'm not leaving the site so no worries just moving on from the thread.
I'm not sure you understand what moving on from the thread means.

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

Olds, is the Plymouth fluid drive you are referring to the auto transmission that had push buttons on the dash instead of a gear shift lever? If so, I had one of those back in the day. That car was so heavy it got about 8 mpg but it would drive through 8 inches of snow. So heavy and smooth on the highway it felt like you were in your recliner watching TV. Or are you referring to a different type of Plymouth?

I think they stopped making Plymouths. Too bad, because back in the day that was a high quality make of car that everyone could afford.

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

One of the things that has changed the most with cars and trucks since the "good old days" is tires. 40K miles on a set of tires was a miracle --- now I can get 100K. Back then, I would never consider driving out of town without a good spare and making sure the jack was ready to go. Today, some car manufacturers don't even include a spare unless you buy it extra! How many people our age can remember showing up nasty at a nice event because you had to stop and change a tire on a hot summer day?

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

Doris, please do not leave the thread because of my comment. This is a big tent and all opinions should be welcome....just as the Republican party formerly was a big tent and one day soon will be a big tent again.

Doris, I used to watch a TV news editorialist who always ended his commentary with this phrase: "I don't ask that you agree with me....only that you think about it." That goes for me also.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

The simulator we used for Driers Ed had one of those push button transmission but I never drove one in real life.
however, I briefly drove a 1966 Datsun that had an even stranger transmission where it was similar to an abacus. you had to set several rods into notches to drive. My car was in the shop and this was the loaner they let me use for about two weeks.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

billryan considering my post was to olds and had nothing to do with you or politics or horse doping, mind your own business.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

So I was driving home tonight from work and the driver in a vehicle in the next lane to the right of me 1 car up. We got stopped at a red light and when the light turned green this other motorist flicked a cigarette butt out their open driver's side window, without a care in the world. The vehicle in front of me changed into the lane to my left and I was then positioned next to the flicker. I rolled down my passenger window and told this other female motorist: "real nice litterbug, now go back and pick up the cigarette you casually flicked out your window." The woman looked at me through her $3.99 gas station sunglasses and proceeded to flip me off.

This is just one more example of how some smokers think they own the world.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Dear Ted
Please let us know who you are addressing your post to so that the appropriate members will respond.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Have to agree on that one Ted.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

olds,i hope you saw that i did respond to your post to me