Random Thread

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: Random Thread

Post by advantage playe »

Gronbog wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:07 am
May the 4th be with you!
Its later than you think !! ALOT LATER !!!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm beginning to see less food in the supermarket and it seems people are beginning to stock up a bit.
I've been looking for shredded American cheese but couldn't find any. Italian shredded cheese, Mexican shredded, even shredded cheddar. I finally asked in the deli if they could shred some for me. The worker didn't know if he could so he asked an older guy that seemed in charge.
The man was apologetic but said it was now illegal to sell shredded American cheese.
I went home and googled it, and sure enough, a 2017 Executive Order prohibits the shredding of American cheese. Something about a campaign promise to make America grate again.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

billryan wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:18 pm
Something about a campaign promise to make America grate again.
Yes, I did laugh out loud at this one. That is as funny as you have been politically for a while. Poor, misinformed guy to whom you referred. He didn't know that politicians were only supposed to say things to get elected, not to keep campaign promises. What was he thinking?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

New2vp wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:55 am
billryan wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:18 pm
Something about a campaign promise to make America grate again.
Yes, I did laugh out loud at this one. That is as funny as you have been politically for a while. Poor, misinformed guy to whom you referred. He didn't know that politicians were only supposed to say things to get elected, not to keep campaign promises. What was he thinking?
"The grate shredded American cheese caper."

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Right now watching "Elvis: That's the Way It Is" on TCM, never gets old.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Woopsie.....ATTENTION ALL BETTERS, ATTENTION ALL BETTERS!!!

It was just reported that the 2021 Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit failed a post-race drug test. The horse pee'd hot. Bob Baffert was suspended immediately from Churchill Downs,

Goodbye Triple Crown chances this year Mr. Baffert.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Baffert should be banned forever and his records stripped. His drug-filled victims keep winning and foisted off to the industry as being superior studs. Their offspring under-perform and in need of performance-enhancing drugs. He's making a mockery out a sport known for some shady people and events.
If they start giving real lifetime bans, I'd like to think most trainers will play fair and honest.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 pm
Baffert should be banned forever and his records stripped. His drug-filled victims keep winning and foisted off to the industry as being superior studs. Their offspring under-perform and in need of performance-enhancing drugs. He's making a mockery out a sport known for some shady people and events.
If they start giving real lifetime bans, I'd like to think most trainers will play fair and honest.
Ahh yup...

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

billryan wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 pm
So far Baffert is using trumpian strategy and playing the victim while choosing to deny, deny, deny. In this crazy world we live in today I would not be surprised if the crazed-qanon wing of the republican party comes to Baffert's defense and pushes for legislation for unlimited drugging of horses. It will be interesting to see if he gets away with it.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

did you really have to bring trump or the republican party into this? unbelievable !