CDC issues new mask guidelines

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

CDC issues new mask guidelines

Post by billryan »

In a surprise move, the CDC has said that fully vaccinated adults no longer need to wear mask indoors or out, with a few exceptions for transportation. Things are slowly returning to normal, although I am going to wear my mask in public for now.
It's way too early to declare victory but it now appears that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

However: this does not stop a business from still requiring patrons wear masks when they enter the building.

If businesses stop requiring people wear masks it could possibly affect their employees in terms of exposure. This would lead to causation in the workplace.

Just my .02

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

The CDC got the message that their continued restrictions for fully vaccinated people were reducing the number of people getting vaccinated per day. Now there are more reasons to get vaccinated which may reduce the vaccine hesitancy.

Wearing a mask in public is fine if it is an N95 mask that protects you from the virus. If You are wearing a cloth facial covering, it really isn't doing anything to stop you from getting the virus.

Before last fall the US had about 50,000 new daily COVID cases. Dr. Fauci wanted us to be at 10,000. Then in February we averaged over 240,000 per day. Now we are about 36,000 cases per day. Deaths are around 600 per day.

If they want more people to get vaccinated they should report deaths per day along with the number of fully vaccinated deaths and unvaccinated deaths.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

And we are still in lockdown. Today it was extended until June 02. It will be a long time until our masks can be removed. I am envious of you guys.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Waiting4RF wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:02 pm
If they want more people to get vaccinated they should report deaths per day along with the number of fully vaccinated deaths and unvaccinated deaths.
I presume my state is similar to others in that the average age of both cases and deaths is dropping quickly compared to both figures at the peak. It would be helpful to the "younger adults," you know the 50-year-olds (;)), to give them incentives.

In Ohio, they will be having weekly non-progressive million dollar jackpots for those vaccinated, possibly making getting vaccinated an advantage play.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

New2vp wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:56 pm
Waiting4RF wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:02 pm
I presume my state is similar to others in that the average age of both cases and deaths is dropping quickly compared to both figures at the peak. It would be helpful to the "younger adults," you know the 50-year-olds (;)), to give them incentives.

In Ohio, they will be having weekly non-progressive million dollar jackpots for those vaccinated, probably making getting vaccinated an advantage play.
To me: getting vaccinated is the advantage play, the million dollar drawings and college tuition are just icing on the cake.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

A CVS worker on Long Island has been charged with stealing proof of vaccine cards and had filled some of them out.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Are you sure this is not a diversion ?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (31.89 KiB) Viewed 2307 times

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Bobbi wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 am
Are you sure this is not a diversion ?

Capture.JPG
Ask Q. He know all.
Not for me, now for you. For Q

musicmeyer
Forum Rookie

Post by musicmeyer »

If you're looking here ............ you're not looking there (i.e. Arizona audit, rate of inflation, big tech, big pharma .........)

And yes ......Q knows (and has) it all ....... Nothing Can Stop What Is Coming