Memorial Day...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Memorial Day...

Post by Come Back Kid »

Honor and remember the brave men and women, who paid the ultimate sacrifice, protecting our Country and our freedom! Today and everyday! We will never forget!!!
God bless our Military... :heart:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Absolutely. There are many more stories of heroism like this. My father-in-law was a Marine scout and served during World War II. In one of the theaters, and he saw action in many of them, his company was being cut to pieces by a Japanese machine gun nest. My father-in-law pulled the pin on two hand grenades and charged the machine gun nest knowing that he would be hit. He took five rounds to the torso and mid section by the small 25 caliber Japanese machine gun bullets, but by some miracle all of his vital organs were missed. He took out the machine gun nest, saved his company or what was left of it, and recovered some months later believe it or not only to go back into action again. He reluctantly accepted a silver star and of course Purple Heart and really didn’t want to accept it stating the ones that deserve this star are not here to accept it. I lost my father-in-law 30 years ago. He came back from that war with a lifetime recurring malaria and also suffered from TB. One of the finest man I have ever met and I miss him to this day as well as my dad who I lost just two months ago and also served with honor during the war. Two of the finest men I have ever known and I miss them both.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Wow, what an awesome story Olds. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure they were both great men.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

We remembered those brave members of the military who lost their lives protecting our freedoms this Memorial Day.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

We remembered those brave members of the military who lost their lives protecting our freedoms this Memorial Day.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Everyone stay safe and well out there. Another time if there is interest, I can retell a couple of more stories of the wartime days with my dad and father in law. I wonder if ww2 is even covered in school anymore. Probably all social justice stuff. The bottom line is we are still speaking English here because of the sacrifices of that generation.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:31 pm
Absolutely. There are many more stories of heroism like this. My father-in-law was a Marine scout and served during World War II. In one of the theaters, and he saw action in many of them, his company was being cut to pieces by a Japanese machine gun nest. My father-in-law pulled the pin on two hand grenades and charged the machine gun nest knowing that he would be hit. He took five rounds to the torso and mid section by the small 25 caliber Japanese machine gun bullets, but by some miracle all of his vital organs were missed. He took out the machine gun nest, saved his company or what was left of it, and recovered some months later believe it or not only to go back into action again. He reluctantly accepted a silver star and of course Purple Heart and really didn’t want to accept it stating the ones that deserve this star are not here to accept it. I lost my father-in-law 30 years ago. He came back from that war with a lifetime recurring malaria and also suffered from TB. One of the finest man I have ever met and I miss him to this day as well as my dad who I lost just two months ago and also served with honor during the war. Two of the finest men I have ever known and I miss them both.
I hope to meet him someday in heaven through the blood of JESUS Amen. Some of us still honor and respect these heroic people !!! some , like vice president camel cigarettes, say have a nice long weekend, referring to Memorial day without a mention to those who laid down there life for our freedom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I have no doubt we will be reunited. If we lose Faith, what is left?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:40 pm
I have no doubt we will be reunited. If we lose Faith, what is left?
amen !!!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

So, 2,500 Americans died on D Day. Zero Presidential acknowledgement. Love the shades, Joe.