Euro Scoccer

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Euro Scoccer

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes. I also forgot Killer Kowalski. Missed the Mets game. My next door neighbor went to the Yankees game and they clobbered Boston 9 to 1. That dumb play in the Mets game must be on youtube. I’m going to check it out now as I Pop open an Iron City Beer in my dads honor. His service was a few days ago. Beautiful Military Salute and I was presented with not only the flag, but the shell casings. Taps was performed live flawlessly. No dry eyes at that moment. Another tough but loving WW2 Vet has left this world for a better one. The relatives were kind enough to bring up a case of Iron City for me. Can’t get it around here. I remember the whole sky would glow red at night as a kid from the steel mills. Loved the streetcars and Incline and even the Cobblestone roads when we would visit. Dad of course was a lifetime Pirates and Steelers fan.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I found and watched the highlights on Youtube. Wow! Yep the ball was on the chalk so the Ump made the right call. Rojas cane out abd bumped the home plate umpire. Guess he was lucky he didn’t get tossed more than two games. Just backing up a moment, even though I lost my dad in March, it was months before my sister and her family could get their vaccinations so they could all fly out here for my dad’s service. It was a real mess in California and from the looks of things Covid is spiking badly there again

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:59 pm
Yes. I also forgot Killer Kowalski. Missed the Mets game. My next door neighbor went to the Yankees game and they clobbered Boston 9 to 1. That dumb play in the Mets game must be on youtube. I’m going to check it out now as I Pop open an Iron City Beer in my dads honor. His service was a few days ago. Beautiful Military Salute and I was presented with not only the flag, but the shell casings. Taps was performed live flawlessly. No dry eyes at that moment. Another tough but loving WW2 Vet has left this world for a better one. The relatives were kind enough to bring up a case of Iron City for me. Can’t get it around here. I remember the whole sky would glow red at night as a kid from the steel mills. Loved the streetcars and Incline and even the Cobblestone roads when we would visit. Dad of course was a lifetime Pirates and Steelers fan.
Saint Paul says, he would rather be away from the the body and with the LORD ! That is the far better thing !!!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thank you AP. So timely. Especially since my dad was named after him.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Your welcome Olds !

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:59 pm
While Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield's ear, in the 1950's Killer Kowalski knocked off part of Yukon Eric's ear with a knee drop. As a kid, the rumor was that Kowalski bit it off.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

What all these wrestling posts have to do with Euro Soccer is beyond me. We need to find a link someplace. :lol: :lol:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I was waiting for that post. I guess some of us me included go off on a tangent when we think the original thread is exhausted. And sometimes before. That said, Antonino Rocca was the finest and most enjoyable wrestler to watch. JMO of course.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Maybe wrestling is more interesting than soccer , maybe !

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

OK, I found the link. Antonino Rocca was a a soccer player who became a wrestler after an injury. :D :lol: https://www.pwmania.com/top-5-soccer-pl ... -wrestlers