Euro Scoccer

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Euro Scoccer

Post by Carcounter »

I am trying to like soccer, I really am, but it is hard, Italy vs England, 2 big time teams. Game decided by penalty kicks. WTF. Lets say the Super bowl is tied after regulation. How about we send our field goal kickers out to each try 5 50 yard FG's? Whoever makes the most- that team wins the Super Bowl

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Do you have a better solution? I'll agree it sux, but having two teams play until exhaustion sux more, as does playing another game.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yes, sudden death until someone scores a goal, don't care how long it takes. Reduce the number of players to open up the field more if you want.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Can’t get into it at all. I tried and gave up about 5 years ago. Just can’t get into hockey or tennis either. Though I used to lay both. Guess i will just stay with baseball, football, and womens basketball to a limited extent.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I thoroughly loved it after the first two minutes. Of course, I preferred that 120 minutes would suffice. High drama indeed. Hundreds of ticketless fans bum rushed inside before kickoff, bursting through barriers and streaming the concourses. England Manager Gareth Southgate himself had missed the decisive penalty in a semifinal shootout at Euro 1996 and remains haunted a quarter century later. He can't get no satisfaction! They played six of their seven games at friendly Wembley. Still no dice. Gareth is still going South! The Three Lions were ultimately rendered pussycats. The Azzurri are now unbeaten in 34 straight matches, thanks to their 6'5" goalkeeper, the 2020 Player of the Tournament. The Italian coaching staff was sublimely outfitted by Emporio Armani. It's coming Rome.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Its an aquired taste ,as it were. What helps a bit is grasping the great skill demonstrated by the athletes use of there lower extremities , equal to the hands and arm use in most other sports and endevors ! To an accomplished soccer athlete , there legs are similar to an excellent pianist or typist use of hands and arms! What helps, A Lot more, is having a meaningful wager on the event !! Relative to ones means .

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

The above in reference to peaking ones interest in Soccer !!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It sure seemed like a successful showcase for the sport. Controversy over England’s substitutions is still going strong! Behold the brain trust.
Attachments
1F057A30-788A-48AA-A804-F5139668D8D3.jpeg

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Too many Academy Award performances (flops). Not what our youth need to aspire to. This has bled over into the NBA and to a lesser extent the NFL. Every play, every whistle one or more players has their arms extended crying injustice. Shameful.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Final refereeing was excellent. They ran a much tighter ship.